Bore butter? - Page 6 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 12-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Banned

an hour to clean a muzzle loader? LOL!! Well if you properly clean it, very easily takes an hour to clean out the action, breech plug and then oiling.

Swab the bore between shots with bore butter to season your barrel, isnt that what tc says to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierGander View Post
an hour to clean a muzzle loader? LOL!! Well if you properly clean it, very easily takes an hour to clean out the action, breech plug and then oiling.

Swab the bore between shots with bore butter to season your barrel, isnt that what tc says to do?

No !!!

here's a cut and paste from Thompson Center on using Bore Butter

Question: How do I use Natural Lube 1000 Plus Bore Butter?
It's easy. The first step is to remove all traces of oil from your muzzleloader by cleaning the bore with hot water and a detergent. Then coat the bore with Bore Butter using a patch or swab saturated with it. From that point on, never allow a petroleum based lube to interfere with the Natural Lube. Use bullets prelubed with Bore Butter, and when cleaning, use an all natural bore cleaner like our No. 13. As you continue to shoot, you will be slowly seasoning the bore and will notice that very little fouling builds up. Loading will remain easy from shot to shot, and cleaning will be a snap.

Note about Sabots
T/C's All Natural Lube 1000 Plus Bore Butter was designed as a lube to be used with traditional patched roundballs (lube the patches) and all lead conical bullets like our Maxi-Ball and Maxi-Hunters.

If you are shooting sabots, DO NOT LUBE YOUR SABOTS. Sabots are designed to be shot right out of the package____DRY. In fact, you should remove any trace of Natural Lube, or any lube for that matter, from the barrel before shooting sabots. The less lube you have in the barrel when shooting sabots, the better, to achieve optimum accuracy.

When your hunting or shooting is done, and your rifle cleaned after shooting, re-lube your barrel with T/C's All Natural Lube Bore Butter prior to storage. Wipe down the outside as well. It's an excellent rust preventative.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:58 PM

I was going to respond but I think every things been said and I'm getting an upset stomach. Any other subjects to discuss? Please
Old 12-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Banned

montana xtreme bore condioner. Check that out in place of bore butter.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:01 PM

couldn't take the hint!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Banned

just saying. I found another oil as well but got to do some searching for some feed back on it.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:05 PM
B&C 160 Class

wow i certainly didnt expect 6 pages of replies on my bore butter question.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
wow i certainly didnt expect 6 pages of replies on my bore butter question.
LOL yeah its the little things that get all the attention.

Oh well, at least no one recommended WD40
Old 12-16-2010, 07:01 AM

OK I can't take it I am NOT taking sides here but I am going to say I own a CVA Hunterbolt Mag & it does NOT take over an hour to clean I run T7 pellets & powerbelts & takes me 15 - 20 min. this includes removing the stock & a through cleaning & lubing of everything
Say what you want about CVA I love my hunterbolt it is a great firearm, has treated me very well & has never let me down I am sorry that not all of us can afford an over priced top of the line ML as far as the original posted thread "borebutter" I use it for storage purpose only

I know I will be sorry for opening my mouth but I get sick of the same old bashing of products because I did not buy a contender
Yes CVA had some issues in the past but SO has every firearm manufacturer
So can we all stop the freaking mine is better then yours & close this thread or stay on the subject please ??????
man I am getting sick of this sorry to all just had to get this off my chest HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Old 12-16-2010, 08:22 AM

gfdeputy2 and all you other CVA owners I was only joking when I said it takes an hour to clean a CVA muzzle loader, I said it just to pull on frontierganders leg a little..
the Video I linked to CVA's cleaning a muzzleloader has a part in it where they apply a foaming bore cleaner and one guy says to the other something like, lets let that sit for an hour to let that work... thus causing the cleaning process to take more than an hour to complete...

I really didn't intend to ruffle anyones feathers here except for frontierganders and he didnt even bite on it..

I have owned several CVA muzzleloaders, CVA has come a long way, their muzzleloaders harvest many wildlife annually just as their more expensive competitors muzzle loaders do.
As far as me personally boasting about Traditions muzzleloading products that all started as friendly debate between huntingman and myself and continues today but it's all in fun and anyone that reads my posts should remember me saying a couple times, when a product like my Muzzle loader comes between me and a fellow hunter, I'd rather throw it in a fire and melt it than lose a friendhsip.. and you can take that to the bank.