Bore butter? - Page 4 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 12-13-2010, 01:04 PM

FG, as a moderator I may at times go a bit overboard, however, for the most part I do try to help all members on issues that I can. You went to great detail to post on an issue that had I found offensive to me. I believe the post contained false information and needed attention. I probably went a bit too far on this one but you made the post that several of us including the owner thought it to contain false information. As BB stated above we the moderators will do our best to preserved the credibility/integrity/honesty of this site and for the members, for that I can only do my best. Sometimes I inject humor/sarcasm where anger might have appeared first, but usually there is a point being made, you just have to read closely. I believe several of us responded to the help post regarding the misfires, you weren't the only person responding to it. There are always several possible sources to weed out when problems occur and everyone can inject their opinion/thoughts. I'm done on this unless there is more to discuss. I have, Black Horn, 777, Pyrodex, and Goex black powder and have never had a bad can or one go bad????

Last edited by Hunting Man; 12-13-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2010, 02:49 PM
B&C 160 Class

We all make some posts in hast sometimes or go a bit overboard myself included were human.I do not like the insinuation that HM or BB attack people on this site or are unfair.I think i speak for alot of members here that Hm or BB are always willing to help and share knowledge.Never are there posts vindictive or one sided.Now back to my original question i now see i will use bore butter as a final step for barrel protection while in storage.As a newbie i didnt understand how it was supposed to be used.Sorry for causing the upheaval but thanx for the advice.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:48 PM

Frontier Gander Im sure it appears we ganged up on you. Im sorry. I think we all got tired of your posts here and everywhere else on the web only being about the products that you try and push on other hunters.

As an owner of a website that deals with spam all the time you have to see the side Im coming from.

Im not saying your spamming now. (we have deleted your links that were spam in the past)

Answer honestly. I will not hold it against you one bit.

Are you affliated with any of the companies that you support whole heartedly on the web?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Banned

Oh its hard to say im affliated with anyone. As a writer " a hobby" i at times am able to work with companies and test their products and write about them. The bad products, well i dont hold back on, i tell it the way it is, straight up and honest. Bore butter being one of them.

Being able to test products out and write about them has been a huge help to a great deal of people on the forums. Like the post today about the CVA Wolf hang firing.

I dont get paid by any of the companies i do reviews on.

Its kind of like going out on a good date with a girl thats very friendly but doesnt let you... well you know LOL. In the end, at least you got to play with and handle the goods to figure out if they were up to par or not.

And thats what i do. I touch, fondle, look for touch ups as far as improvement.

Its very easy to get into this and even though you dont get paid, the people you talk to along the way is well worth it!

When you get to work with guns, rifles, primers, powder, bullets, What ever goes along with that, you can offer the forum a great way to getting the users in shape and on track to being successful in the field.

Not sure what links but it was most likely to the forum or blog? If so, i do apologize, i didn't see anything in the rules but since the Mod told me it wasnt allow, i have followed those rules.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:32 PM

That was a very beat around the bush answer. You got a job? Draw a check off the government? Where do you work?
Old 12-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Banned

Looking for work. I live in a small town of 19,000. Basically doing small town computer work with my brother right now. Not much income but, got to do what you can.

What was getting beat around the bush? I said no, i dont get paid by anyone and am not stuck with one company.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Banned

If you want to know what my blood type is and if i am organ doner, just let me know ;)
Old 12-14-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierGander View Post
If you want to know what my blood type is and if i am organ doner, just let me know ;)
We have to have some secrets. Just saying its odd to do all that you do for those brands when you have zero affliation with them.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:31 PM

I think I will leave this one alone
Old 12-14-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
I think I will leave this one alone
I probably should have too..