Bore butter? - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 12-13-2010, 12:11 PM

I looked also bf and found the same posts as you, so for the only person posting the garbage it's himself, so he's obviously quoting his own "other forum" posts...
I could have warned you guys a long long time ago about him but as a moderator here I figured I'd just monitor his activities here and ignore what he does elsewhere But he's SO Obvious! lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2010, 12:16 PM

BB, I had the same feelings, so one sided regarding CVA and the shooting bench results. I too sat back and waited.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfever View Post
Remember the Infamous "Ronn's Hunterbolt" thread.. Where he was singing about how it was a keeper..

He listed it for sell very shortly after he quit posting about it here. CVA Hunterbolt Package deal - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The guy is all over the web. Has his own site about cva stuff and powerbelt stuff. He has to be an employee of some kind to put all that work into it.

I also searched the web to find his claim of his original post. "that he found this on another forum."

The only ones Im finding are the same as this one.. Claiming he found it on another forum..
CVA will send you a hat when you send a story and picture of a kill you've taken with one of their guns.

Also have a blackhorn209 hat, IMR hat, Hodgdon hat, 777 magnum hat.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Banned

You MODERATORS are breaking forum rules and attacking your own members!

I have offered NOTHING but help to those in need on this forum, along with some fun pictures and stories to help keep this part of the forum alive with some type of action so we are not so bored.

Take this thread for example,
Question about misfires

You guys didn't even bother taking the time to ask the poster questions about the Rifle, Primers and especially the type of Powder he was using! Once i got that info, BINGO!! Heres what your problem is! You cant tell someone their powder must have gone bad when you don't even know what powder hes shooting!

Bore butter is CRAP! Its great for shooting patches, conical lube, and running into an oil finished wood stock. PERIOD! If you guys think it offers good rust protection, you tell yourself what ever makes you feel better.

I dont support bore butter, seasoning patches or pre saturated cleaning patches. Thats all a rip off and there are much Cheaper and BETTER home made cleaners available.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:35 PM

I can easily tell someone their powder has gone bad when that's the obvious problem,
Especially when the original poster claimed his weapon shot flawlessly 7 times in a row with new powder.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
I can easily tell someone their powder has gone bad when that's the obvious problem,
Especially when the original poster claimed his weapon shot flawlessly 7 times in a row with new powder.
Sorry but you obviously are shooting the crappy powders and not blackhorn209.

Blackhorn209 is more of a smokeless powder with a waterproof coating on it. Its not your typical T7 or Pyrodex.

YouTube - Optima Blackhorn
Old 12-13-2010, 12:42 PM

I should have a TC, knight, Lyman, CVA, Traditions, hat by now! BB do you have a Traditions hat? No question one can wear too many hats. My hat goes off to you for sticking to CVA and enjoying their products. This site gave away some free hats. What really matters is whats under the hat! A man can make a hat but never does a hat make a man. The best hats I have are the ones I got from my Dad! Just call me the mad hatter! Guys I got like 10 hours sleep last night/this morning and holy crap is it flowing, sorry to all. FG, all kidding aside, continue to enjoy the CVA's their AOK!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:45 PM

FrontierGander, your videos dont impress me, like i said you've gotten to the point where you're offering Dangerous advice and while you may get away with it on other forums I'm going to do my best to look out for DHC members who may not have the experience or knowledge as the more experienced hunters here. So when I see poor advice being thrown out to someone I'm going to step in and WARN them about the poor advice they're being fed.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
FrontierGander, your videos dont impress me, like i said you've gotten to the point where you're offering Dangerous advice and while you may get away with it on other forums I'm going to do my best to look out for DHC members who may not have the experience or knowledge as the more experienced hunters here. So when I see poor advice being thrown out to someone I'm going to step in and WARN them about the poor advice they're being fed.
Hey you are a Traditions guy arent you? If you ever shoot blackhorn in that Vortex of yours and its hang firing, Hopefully you will remember my teachings

If you'd like, PM me your phone number, i'll forward it to Don and he'll give you a call and educate you on Blackhorn209. This way you wont have to pay for a phone call.

Bad powder.... Thats funny!!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:54 PM

So far I haven't used bh209 BUT if i do decide to use it, I'm confident the Traditions vortek will fire it without needing to go as far as "Drilling" myself into possible death!
Good luck with those CVA's.