Okay boys, i was playing around with breech plugs last night and this morning i got it perfect so far. Need some slight tuning but excellent thus far.
Using the breech plug out of my CVA Accura, it has been modified with a .035" flash hole, factory flash channel and the primer pocket was slightly drilled deeper and a rubber O ring added for head spacing adjustment in the Accura.
This breech plug is a direct replacement for the Hunterbolt! No mods needed. The O ring seals up tight when the firing pin hits the primer and holds it there perfectly tight up against it and thus eliminating blow back! This right now is probably about 95% blow back free and 110% reliable with Blackhorn209. I do have a little space that allows the primer to move back into the bolt about the thickness of a dime.
I am looking at a good way to adjust this thats reliable. My idea is to leave a little extra meat on it so it actually presses the primer into the O ring hard, making for an even better seal.
Okay guys a couple days ago i made a shim out of a brass and then drilled it out so the firing pin would fit through and then had to file it down a little at a time and test it until i got the tightness/seal that i needed it to be.
One thing i did wrong was use the wrong shape of drill bit and it put an oval recess into the brass rather than a nice flat surface like i need.
I plan on making a couple others with some idea's i had in mind.
Next one i do will have a flat surface and tighter specs around the primer. I can just drop the primer into that pocket and close the bolt. No more having to use a tool to primer the rifle
Bolt closed and showing an external *Weather seal* O ring