Deer Hunting Forums banner

t/c ammo & supplies?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  deerless 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm new here and after doing some research I will probably be buying a T/C muzzleloader. It will either be an Encore or Omega. Right now I know nothing about the ammo & powder used with these rifles. What are the best supplies used in these rifles? What will I need along with the rifle?

Thanks!

#5 ·
different ways: Pellets usually 2-50 gr, loose powder 90-110 gr for 50 cal. These are only suggestions as to possible uses. Bullets can be saboted or not depends on your choise and gun. We have a wealth of info for muzzleloading in past posts, check out some of the members suggestions.

#6 ·
I load my Knight KP1 with two .50 caliber 50 grain pellets of 777. Then I load a Barnes Expander .45 cal bullet into a .50 cal harvester sabot. For primers I use Winchester 209 shotgun primers, I also have some 777 muzzle loader primers but I haven't tried them yet.

This is basically all you need to clean your muzzle loader after shooting it - Knight Rifles

#8 ·
Welcome to the site! I shoot an Omega Z5 with a Traditions 3-9X40 ML scope. With a load of 2 50 gr. 777 Pellets, 250 gr. Hornady SST-ML High Speed/Low Drag sabots, and Winchester 209 primers I can shoot 1" groups at 100 yards.:biggrin:
I have a z5 as well only diffrence is no scope and I shoot t/c shockwave superglides 250g. there deadly out to 100yds even thru iron sights

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.