Traditions Vortek - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 09-24-2010, 02:11 PM

Just this year I picked up a Knight disk extreme and have a new TC Triumph so last month at the range I got to shoot them side by side and the report is both shoot very well. I could not say the TC or the Knight performed better. I shot 2 different bullets in each rifle but used the same powder and grain load. These are both long range shooters as the accuracy is excellent. I did convert the Knight to a non-disk user. I'd have no trouble shooting 200 yds with either of these rifles. The TC carries a 3x9x40 luepold and the Knight has a 2x7x32 Redfield scope. I'd like to upgrade the Knight to a 4x10x50 some day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2010, 04:16 PM
B&C 140 Class

I'd probably go with the Traditons myself. I like the way it looks, I like the features and I haven't heard anything bad about them yet. I personally own a Knight KP1 and I love it. It has interchangeable barrels which I believe neither the Vortech or the Triumph have. I only had to pay $200 for it as well.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:40 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
TC TC TC TC Everyone is trying to compare to TC that should tell you something!
IM WITH HUNTING MAN ALL THE WAY LOL! T/C T/C T/Ctraditions are alright but i believe its the otherway around traditions is tryin to be like t/c due to the fact that they have a accelerator breech plug t/c designed and patened the speed breech first lol! thats my 2 cents from the peanut gallery lol. ideally theyre both good guns if ya want it bad enough buy it its what makes you happy not everyone else!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:42 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
Just this year I picked up a Knight disk extreme and have a new TC Triumph so last month at the range I got to shoot them side by side and the report is both shoot very well. I could not say the TC or the Knight performed better. I shot 2 different bullets in each rifle but used the same powder and grain load. These are both long range shooters as the accuracy is excellent. I did convert the Knight to a non-disk user. I'd have no trouble shooting 200 yds with either of these rifles. The TC carries a 3x9x40 luepold and the Knight has a 2x7x32 Redfield scope. I'd like to upgrade the Knight to a 4x10x50 some day.
try barnes spitfire tmz copper expander sabots 250 grain boattailed you ll reach 200yrds np
Old 09-25-2010, 05:59 AM

I'll have to give them a shot as I want to return to the range in a week or so.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven hoofed stalker View Post
traditions are alright but i believe its the otherway around traditions is tryin to be like t/c due to the fact that they have a accelerator breech plug t/c designed and patened the speed breech first lol

I read the following at the Guns and Ammo site. looks to me like Traditions is going to be the company that holds the patent on the Breech Plug.

After years of award-winning in-line rifles, Traditions Performance Firearms has combined the most popular features from its previous muzzleloaders in its Vortek, the flagship in its new premium line of in-lines.

This model includes the company's new patent-pending breech plug—one of the most effective innovations in primitive arms to come along in years.

Read more at the Guns & Ammo website: Traditions In-Line Rifle | Muzzleloading

Old 09-25-2010, 12:03 PM

BB's new name is Jonny! As in Jonny on the spot with supersonic back up for Traditions firearms. I have said this before I know he is on their professional team so beware of slanted pro-Traditions posting by Jonny/BB. Here's the real deal take it from a man of many words: Thompson Center arms build the very best ML rifles out there short of going custom. If you wish to come in second best like at a dance or maybe a race or even horse shoes then purchase a Tradition's. It really doesn't matter as most times you will be wearing camo and hiding out in the woods where no one is going to see you anyway! And from a 1/2 mile away they can't tell what your shooting. Just remember this, purchase a Traditions firearm and the wife may make you sleep with the dog, well that might be something worth considering to some!
Old 09-25-2010, 03:03 PM

I have an idea, If you want the best muzzleloader ever,, heres what you need to do.

BUY a Traditions Vortek, File off the Traditons name and etch on the Thompson Center name and then you'll have the Best Muzzleloader on the market.

Now HM,, you cant beat that deal !!! LOL
and I don't care who you are that's funny right there..

Old 09-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Banned

yeah but traditions customer service sucks if youre not the original owner. TC And CVA dont care about the original owner deal
Old 09-25-2010, 03:21 PM

Maybe the best plan is to buy 2 new Ml's!