Pictures of my new TC Triumph - Deer Hunting Forums
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

Pictures of my new TC Triumph

Well I traded in my CVA Wolf for this badboy!

Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Scrub Buck

Smile Triump

Nice choice. A couple of friends have them and they are real good rifles.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 11:23 AM

good choise its a TC, I got the same thing this year and so far i really like the fit and feel of it. I think you'll be pleased. How'd the other half take it?
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
good choise its a TC, I got the same thing this year and so far i really like the fit and feel of it. I think you'll be pleased. How'd the other half take it?
Well she thinks it was an even up trade. I also traded in a Hi Point 995 9mm carbine that I never shoot anymore so with the Wolf and 995 plus $50 I walked out with it. She told me I had to get rid of guns to get another good thing I had one I was willing to get rid of!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 02:25 PM
B&C 140 Class

Looks like it ought to do the job. What do you think you will shoot in it?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddus1 View Post
Looks like it ought to do the job. What do you think you will shoot in it?
I have about 50 PowerBelt 245 grain areotip's left so I guess I'll start out with those. I have no idea what they will shoot like in a Triumph but I don't want to toss them out.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 02:51 PM

I only got to the range one time so far but with 100 grs of Blackhorn and 250 gr TC superglide shock waves, I'm at 1.5-2" groups at 100 yds. I hope to shrink that to 1".
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

One question... My local gun shop was out of scope bases for the Triumph and Wal-Mart had TC Gorilla Universal mounts on clearence for $11 so that's what I went with for now. I've never seen mounts like the Gorilla's before are they decent??? The scope seens solid, and the see thru is pretty cool never used those type of rings before just didn't know if I should be planning on replacing them at some point.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 08:17 AM
B&C 120 Class

Hey Scrub: Really nice gun and very good choice! A younger buddy of mine just bought the Bone Collector version of your gun and it is absolutely gorgeous. We went and dialed it in 2 weeks ago. I set him up with the same combo I'm using, 2-50 grain pellets of 777 and 300 grain Hornady SST's. I laser bore sighted it before we went, and he was dead nuts at 100 yds. in 3 shots. I switched him over to Harvester Crush Rib sabots, they load easier after a few shots and shot the same as the factory sabots. As for your Powerbelts, I've another friend with the exact same gun as yours, and the Belts shoot well for him. I am not in the "T/C or nothing club", but what I can tell you is that if you "play" with the other guns out there, as far as closing, trigger pull, hammer cocking, etc., you can definitely feel and hear the extreme quality of T/C. This is the last black powder rifle you will ever have to buy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode