Thompson/Center Triumph - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 07-03-2007, 08:52 AM
B&C 120 Class

Default Thompson/Center Triumph

What do you people think about this new gun. Anyone shot it or bought it yet? It seems like it would be easier to clean than most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2007, 07:56 PM
B&C 140 Class

I dont know much about it
Old 07-07-2007, 06:52 PM
B&C 120 Class

Yes it is very new to the market so i guessed no one had bought it or shot it yet.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:53 AM
B&C 180 Class

havent shot it i got a cva wolf.went shooting saturday got video just got to find the camera
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 08-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Scrub Buck

Default TC Triumph Winchester 777 209 Primer Problems

I bought one a few weeks ago. Shot 6 rounds at 50 yards, right out of the box shot good, for open sights, 4-6 inch groups. A little to early to tell for sure, but it seems to be living up to all the media hipe. The breach plug works nice, and almost zero fowling around the fireing pin and receiver.
Only problem I had is it would not close with the 777 Winchester primers. It would not let me close the breach. As soon as I changed to the Remington Kleanbore primers it worked just fine.

I called TC today and told them about the problem with the 777 Winchester primers. Customer service said she wanted to talk to one of the gunsmiths. After a 3-4 minute wait she told me this is the first such report about primer problems they have received. She said the gunsmith told her the 777 primers must be slightly large.

I would think they would have tested the Triumph and caught this problem.

So I went right out and bought 4 boxes of the Remington 209 primers.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:53 PM
B&C 120 Class

do muzzleloaders kick hard?
Old 08-18-2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsinshotty View Post
do muzzleloaders kick hard?
not really. unless you load 150 of powder instead of the usual 100. my knight i had kicked about the same as my 30-30 i would guess
Old 08-18-2007, 01:17 PM
B&C 120 Class

well ive never really shot any thing bigger than a .22 cuz i usually use shotguns obviously
Old 08-21-2007, 02:09 AM
Scrub Buck

Default My new T/C Triumph

I bought a Triumph a few weeks ago with a camo stock and blued barrel(409$). I shot it this past weekend. With open sights at 100yds, I am getting 3-4" groups 110 gr 777, T/C 250gr shockwave sabots. I was grouping down and to the right about 4". My front bead completely covers a 9" bullseye at one hunded yds so it is rather hard to aim any closer to the bullseye. Will shoot it some more in a few weeks and adjust the rear sight a little. I noticed when I got home it was slightly off center. That probably explains the bullet placement. I haven't shot it enough to find the best powder charge yet but that will come. This is my first ML and I don't have any basis to compare it to. So far I like it. The breech plug was a littler tight to remove by hand, but sweaty fingers don't help any.

I'm looking at putting a Swift 2-7x 40 scope eventually. Anybody have any experience with Swift scopes?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:47 PM

finally got my triumph in. nimbus i dont have any experience with swift scopes so i cant help you there. peckspond i was at the store the other day and was thinking you said only the winchester primers worked so that is what i bought. i had the same trouble you had with them. when i figured out they were not working right i got on here and reread your post. now i need to go buy the remington primers. it is odd that they do not work correctly. did you ever hear anything from T/C on this problem? you would think they would be the same size across the board on primers. but oh well. i do like the gun. i havent got to shoot it yet though. i hope the breech plug is always as easy to remove as it is right now. it should be very easy to clean this gun compared to the knight muzzleloader that im used to cleaning.