MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 11-05-2007, 05:21 PM

good luck with it. tell me how you do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Winchester 777

Hey, I am a new user to this forum. So first off, Hey to everybody.

I have owned my Triumph sense June and have shot it about 75 times. Very nice gun, easy to clean following the instructions in the manual.

My only beef is how dirty the breech plug can get both inside (past the gas rings) and on the outside were the primer loads. I am using the winchester primers and have had only 1 issues with it not going off after pulling the trigger, however no issues with it closing.

Now I am wondering if it is so dirty becuase of maybe an improper fit?

I also am wondering if other Triumph owner have issues with the breech plug not pulling out as easy as advertised.

Looks like a nice forum and I am looking foward to posting with everybody.

Nice day
~dB
Old 11-13-2007, 12:29 AM

welcome dbtech. i havent shot mine as much as you but i agree with you on what you said. the breech plug does get alot more build up than i though it would. and the breech plug will not remove by hand if i shoot a few rounds through it.

but on the other hand when i bought it i figured the breech plug would not remove that easy once it had any build up on it so i expected that. i am happy with how easy it is to disassemble and clean. i just carry the tool with me to help me start the turn on the plug.

glad to have you with us. make yourself at home
Old 10-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Scrub Buck

hi guys new to the site. ok quick question.i was in the market for the triumph and saw in bass pro they ran about $400. so i was between the triumph and a 870 12 gauge slug gun for deer this year.so last Saturday i walk into a local walmart for diapers and saw the triumph for $320! so i sprung and just bought it.i take it home and realize it has a different color receiver than all the pics in the mags and online? i have the weathershield all black gun.even the receiver is black not the aluminum look of the ones in the local guns shops and bass pro. so i call thompson center and ask about it and i am told that the only difference is the receiver and that it is a composite one.
so do you think it is the only difference? i shot it today and it shoots dead on in my side yard at 75 yards. i adjusted the elevation a bit and with two 777 pellets and a 250 shockwave i put two shots dead nuts in the center of a paper plate.

but the question remains.....did a buy a wally world gun and get something subpar despite the way its shooting?
Old 10-10-2008, 07:19 PM
B&C 140 Class

If it shoots like that----Who Cares?
Old 10-12-2008, 01:17 AM
Scrub Buck

I also bought a triumph from Wally's. The version they sell is the black composite/blued metal. The same gun is on sale at BPS for $419 and Wally has them for $327 in my neck of the woods. Remember the quality is still there and it still has a lifetime warranty.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:48 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default i got a triumph

hey i got a triumph it is shooting amazing it is the triumph with a nikon omega scope and 50 yards it is shooting bullseye and at a 100 yards it is shooting the bottom of the bullseye that is with 2 50 grain pyrodex pellets and a 250 grain shockwave spire bullet
iam so suprised with this gun never had a muzzeloader shoot like this
Old 10-18-2008, 01:28 PM
B&C 120 Class

Alot of guys are using the TC Triumph with the 250 gr shockwave and 2-50 gr 777 pellets with good accuracy. Here is the word on the streets. The following load combos are capable of shooting 3/4" groups at 100 yards, 1-1.5" groups at 150 yards and 2" groups at 200 yards with the Truimph.

1. 100-120 gr Blackhorn 209 powder
2. 250 gr SST or Shockwave bullet
3. Short Black Harvester Sabot (Replace SST or Shockwave sabot with these which can be found at Cabelas)
OR
1. 100-120 gr Blackhorn 209 powder
2. 250 gr Speer Gold Dot bullet
3. MMP-HPH24 Sabot
Old 11-21-2008, 10:00 AM
Scrub Buck

To comment on the black powder cleaner discussion, my local shooting range owner suggested to me about 6 years ago to use Windex with vinegar. It works so good it's amazing, seriously try it make sure it's Windex with VINEGAR.