Cleaning a Knight Muzzleloader ???? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 11-12-2009, 07:42 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Cleaning a Knight Muzzleloader ????

My roommate just got a Knight muzzleloader from a family member and he was wondering how to clean it. We couldn't find any model number on the thing except for maybe a LK-93 (a wolverine I think is what it may be called). The gun is in need of a full cleaning and he was wondering if he could/should completely dissasemble the whole thing for a good cleaning. I have a Knight but it is a different model from this one and I don't have a manual for it, is there anything that may break or be hard to put back together with this particular model? I googled a few things and went to Knight's website but I haven't found any information. I would hate for it to get messed up before we head out to west TN to hunt tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

Logan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Cleaning Knight

My father had a BK-92. If it's like his, you can take the trigger assembly out and clean it along with the barrel. The best I can remember, it's pretty straight forward and has a screw just above the trigger guard. The biggest problem I remember with the gun was getting a primer in place. With the conversion kit, it can be a bit tricky. You might want to make certain you can get the breach plug out first, if you haven't already. Depending on what type of powder was shot out of it, it could be a bear of a task. The gun was ahead of its time. It actually had two safety's on it; a slide safety on the side and screw safety on the back of the hammer.

Good luck!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:43 PM
B&C 140 Class

Easiest gun in the world to clean. 1 allen screw in the stock, 1 allen screw for the trigger assembly, unscrew the hammer from the end of the barrel, use your tool to remove the nipple, then use the other end of the tool to remove the breach plug. Clean barrel, nipple, and breach plug. Put it back together.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:24 PM
B&C 160 Class

if push comes to shove i can get you the diogram for it tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Scrub Buck

Default nipple removal

I just picked up a Knight LK muzzleloader. I shot it once and am trying to cloean it... having trouble removing the nipple. When I use the tool for the nipple, , the whole breech plug comes out. Any suggestions?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Scrub Buck

no worries... i got it out. just seated the plug a bit harder and the nipple came out first.

i wouldnt call this gun 'easy' to clean but it works, just takes time.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:28 PM

for assembly just put a small amout of gun grease on the treads of the breach plug and nipple. To get more fire to the charge you can install a musket nipple which will greatly increase the fire to the charge. Musket caps are also earier to set on the nipple being a whole lot bigger.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:58 PM
B&C 100 Class

there is a conversion kit for the knight muzzeloaders to change them from #11 caps to the 209 primers. It replaces the breech plug and nipple with a different breech plug to accept the 209 primers and it replaces the hammer mechanism too. That will really increase the fire to the powder.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:00 PM

I had this gun as well. I went to the musket cap like you mentioned HM. It is easy to take apart and clean IF you do this on a regular basis. When I first got my hands on this ML it was corroded like crazy.. I had to change the nipple out that is why I went with the musket over the No.11 cap.

I wrote a short review on this ML. One of my cons of the ML was that is not as easy to clean as the more modern ML's. But Im comparing that to a T/C Triumph that has a breech plug you just remove with your hand or at worst a quick 1/4 turn with a tool.
http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/hunti...loader-review/

You can get the musket nipple for about 5 or 6 bucks.

Great ML that was very accurate. Just take the time to clean every time you go out to the range. If you let it sit you will be beating it against the wall screaming at it.

Last edited by buckfever; 12-09-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:24 AM
B&C 120 Class

The key to easier cleaning is to clean it every day that you fire it. This is time consuming nut the more you clean a muzzle loader and the more familiar you will become with it, the faster you will be able to clean it.

Another key is to make sure you have the right brushes, cleaners, and breech plug grease. Knight sells a brush kit that has all of the brushes you would need. If you dont have that, an old tooth brush works great to help brush away residue.