missed three! - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 11-17-2008, 09:18 PM
B&C 140 Class

well squezzing the trigger is a huge part of actually killing the deer which has been said over and over. I have been hunting since I was 9 years old but not until last year have I truly learned how to squeeze the trigger one of my good friends taught me about how bad I was really jerking the trigger he put a shell I had already shot in the chamber while I went and checked the target I moved my scope and got ready to shoot I jerked threw my head and by all the time the guy is laughing so I finally realized I had a problem I started shooting and made my self look through the scope until 3 seconds after I shoot this has helped alot and I haven't missed a deer with any gun yet since this. Knock on wood.... before I missed 4 does and a 10 point the biggest deer I have ever seen while hunting. besides this you need to be comfortable with what you are shooting.

Last edited by 10 point; 11-18-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2008, 04:31 PM
B&C 100 Class

classic case of buckfever. my first time seeing a deer in the woods i had buckfever so bad that i couldnt even raise my rifle to shoot. so dont feel bad it happens to everyone but like the others have said take your time, aim, squeeze the trigger.

work to live
live to hunt...
Old 11-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Scrub Buck

yes take your time on your shot practice a lot i have been hunting since i was nine ive missed a couple of deer because i flinched then when you shoot know excactly where they are standing and mark stuff they run by to check for blood and if your hunting with a black powder(muzzleloader)
look and see if you see any hair where they were standing most of the time you will find blood if you find hair am I right other hunters?
Old 11-27-2008, 11:35 AM

Thats a good rule regardless of weapon used. Sometimes travel path is the only thing you have to track by. Its always good to visually mark the escape route as it will help in the tracking/recovery.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:43 PM
B&C 100 Class

when i shoot, whether it be on the range or in the woods, i always try and hear the "click" of the trigger when i'm squeezing. doesn't matter what you are shooting, squeeze the trigger trying to hear the click of the hammer falling. and like putting in golf, keep your head down until after the shot.