cva wolf - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 02-14-2008, 09:44 AM
ronn

I would normally say you get what you pay for but not being familiar with the gun that wouldn't be right. I checked the reviews on that link Bruce and it's getting very good reviews. so it this case getting what you pay for may not fit. Sounds like for the $$$ its a bargain.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 10:13 AM

Yeah sometimes cheap or inexpensive doesn't always indicate poor quality.
The reviews are hard to ignore, it's not like it's just 3 or 4 reviews, it's 64, hard to ignore that many.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:12 PM
B&C 180 Class

I love mine.that was me shooting mine in my old avatar.
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 03-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Scrub Buck

Hi Everyone, I'm new here. Hunted with a slug gun my whole life. I bought a CVA Wolf new in the box a little over a year ago for $100. I've talked myself into and out of a muzzleloader for the last 10 years and bought this one just to see if I'd like hunting with one. I put a Nikon Pro Staff 2x7x32 on it and shoot 2 Pyrodex pellets, 300gr Barnes Expander MZ with Crushed Rib sabots. I took two deer with it last fall. For $100 can't beat this 3 shot group at 50 yards, cleaning between shots. Second picture is at 100 yards, not cleaning between 6 shots. Target is a 6 inch shoot-n-see. My next muzzleloader will probably be the Knight KRB7

50redhot.jpg

100redhot.jpg

Last edited by sjsfire; 03-06-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Scrub Buck

Heres a picture from the sportsman club I shoot at.....

range.jpg
Old 03-06-2008, 11:35 AM
ronn

welcome sjsfire. whatever it takes to be in the woods more is a good thing.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:55 PM

hello sisfire, many on this site love shooting the muzzleloaders. It simply adds to the time outdoors which as ronn said is a good thing! I shoot mostly flintlocks but have a TC firehawk inline also. Enjoy the site!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:49 PM
B&C 180 Class

as a fellow cva man i love that pic .welcome to the forum jump right in
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 03-07-2008, 12:11 PM

Like everyone above me said, Welcome to the site. Muzzleloading is great and from your pic of your shooting club it looks like you have plenty of room to spread out your tools and get a gun shooting right.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Scrub Buck

Thanks guys, I finally found a place that has the Knight KRB7 I can handle and see how it shoulders. Not that I don't like my Wolf but I've been wanting to buy another MZ to mess around with. I had the KRB, TC Triumph, and a Savage 10ML on a short list to check out to buy. I didn't care for the Triumph after checking it out. The Savage interested me but I'm afraid I'd have trouble finding the smokeless powder since I have no gun shops close to me and ordering powder on line I didn't want to pay the extra haz-mat fees. At least I can buy Pyrodex local. So, with luck this time tomorrow I'll be the proud owner of a KRB. The gun shop I'm going to has a blue/composite and a couple of stainless/camo stock models. The guy told me the blued model was $219. Thats a good price for a KRB.