Getting a New Traditions Pursuit Break Open - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 12-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Scrub Buck

Default LK-93 Wolverine?

My Son just purchased a used Muzzleloader, it is a LK-93 Knight, 50cal.

He didn't get a owners manual with it, can anybody tell us what the Max. Load would be?

Thanks
Ole Thumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2007, 11:04 PM
B&C 180 Class

i would go to their website.most have downloadable manuals.i wouldnt put more than 100 id stick to 80 to be safe.throughly inspect the gun for cracks .muzzloaders go boom in more ways than one
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 12-29-2007, 12:29 AM

I use to have one.. 100 is your limit... Mine was an accurate gun. In my book that is a good, not overly priced gun to get someone started in ML.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Thumper View Post
My Son just purchased a used Muzzleloader, it is a LK-93 Knight, 50cal.

He didn't get a owners manual with it, can anybody tell us what the Max. Load would be?

Thanks
Ole Thumper

The Following are the Loading Recommendations for The current Knigkt Rifles.

Link to the Knight Rifle Website

Loading Recommendations
We have an extensive line of bullets, (saboted and conicals ) which should cover any hunting needs or restrictions you would have, in any state. These bullets and sabots have been specifically engineered and hand picked to fit our rifles. Beginning your load testing with Knight bullets and sabots will save you time and money. We have a few of these bullets which typically provide better results in our rifles and our recommendations to begin sighting in are as follows:
.45 cal rifles:
45/175 Knight Red Hot Bullets by Barnes
.50 cal rifles:
50/250 Knight Red Hot Bullets by Barnes
50/300 Knight Red Hot Bullets by Barnes
50/285 Knight Red Hot Spitzer Boattail Bullets by Barnes
50/290 Knight Red Hot Polymer Tip SbT Bullets by Barnes
50/260 Knight Jacketed Bullets by Barnes
50/310 Knight Lead Bullets by Barnes
50/440 Knight Hydra-Con Conical Bullets by Parker Productions
.52 cal rifles:
52/375 Knight Red Hot Bullets by Barnes
52/530 Knight Hydra-Con Conical Bullets by Parker Productions
.54 cal rifles:
54/325 Knight Red Hot Bullets by Barnes
LOOSE POWDER:
The Knight Red Hot bullets are usually the most accurate in our rifles. Try varying powder charges from 90 up to the models maximum powder capacity in 10 grain increments, shooting three shot groups. [ Knight rifles have either a 120 or 150 grain max, depending on the model. All current 2006 models, have a 150 grain maximum powder charge. For other models, consult your owners manual or call Knight's Tech Support for info ] Return to the charge where the tightest groups were obtained and try varying the charge in smaller 5 grain increments, for a final fine tuning. If you've gone through this sequence with a particular bullet and still not achieved satisfactory results, it's time to try a different bullet. It may require a couple different Knight bullets to find the bullet that will work well for you, so buy them in small quantities to begin with. Once you've found the bullet of choice, then it's time to buy a year's supply.
PELLETED POWDER:
The Knight Red Hot bullets are usually the most accurate in our rifles. The pellets are made in 30 and 50 grain amounts. The pellets in two sizes, will allow you to mix and match anything from 80 - 150 grains, in 10 grain increments. Start your sighting in with 80 - 100 grains ( depending on the size of pellets you are using ). Shooting 3 shot groups, adjust your powder charges, working your way up to the maximum grain powder charge. [ Knight rifles have either a 120 or 150 grain max, depending on the model. All current 2006 models, have a 150 grain maximum powder charge. For other models, consult your owners manual or call Knight's Tech Support for info ] If you've gone through this sequence with a particular bullet and still not achieved satisfactory results, it's time to try a different bullet. It may require a couple different Knight bullets to find the bullet that will work well for you, so buy them in small quantities to begin with. Once you've found the bullet of choice, then it's time to buy a year's supply.

Good Luck...

Old 12-29-2007, 12:02 PM
B&C 180 Class

i was pretty close.but you know what they say bout close
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 01-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Scrub Buck

i have a traditions breakopen an by far its the best muzzleloader i have ever owned...hope you enjoy yours..
Old 01-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Scrub Buck

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:01 AM

I've got the Traditions Pursuit .50 cal and I love mine too... So easy to handle, load, shoot and clean.. Gotta Love it !!