Deer Hunting Forums banner

wow this place is dead

7K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  timberghost 
G
#1 ·
amazing, 2 months since the last post here? Seems some mods and their high and mighty personalities have killed this place.

#7 ·
Hey Guys, Thank You for your continued support. We're just moderators of this website, we're not mightier or better than anyone else here,
we are on an equal playing field with all the other members of the site, We have to abide by the rules of the site just like everyone else does.
If anyone was banned from the site, by any moderator, it was (without a doubt) for good reason.
The DHC is a growing website, we want more members, we encourage more members but
we cannot and will not accept anyone that only comes to the DHC to create Drama. SAVE IT FOR OPRAH !!!!

I'm sure I can say, "All of the moderators enjoy being here" we enjoy it because each of us have a supreme love for hunting and a huge desire to carry on family Traditions,
It's a heritage and tradition every one of us share... If we didn't, why would we subject ourselves to such nonsense and ridicule?

My personal advice to the original poster would be to peddle your wares somewhere else OR send me a personal message letting me know your original member name,
why you were banned and Why you would like to return to the DHC.
If you're willing to do that then the mods will take it into consideration and decide "together"
whether you should be allowed back on the DHC or not.

Happy Hunting...

#8 ·
Well said BB. I enjoy DHC because it has given me many on-line friends that otherwise I would have never met. I hope that DCH remains the best family hunting/outdoors web site period. We do need more members and hopefully as this year gets cranking we see a lot of new members. Thanks to all the tried and true friends that make us a better place!

#11 ·
Wow TG I can hear the Thunder & see the lightning bolts behind you & see you raising your sword as I read that we all bow & pray to the almighty TG LOL

#12 ·
In response to "Unregistered"--"Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and prove it totally true!!" ALL the mods here do a great job and are ALL good friends to exchange info and views with on this site!! Like HBilly said, it's not hunting season, hunting forums are a little slow this time of year.

#17 ·
HA! good one. Horrible. Got rain, rain and more rain. Plus, my turkey hunting area is in bottom ground which equals,,, NO turkeys. I have never been more frustrated. I went probably 4-5 times and never heard nor saw a doggone turkey, so I called it quits for the year. There weren't many times I went bow or firearm hunting for deer that I DIDN'T see turkeys out... they left me for higher ground...

#18 ·
Don't feel bad Tator It was the worst seson I have ever had here too
I did end up with a nice bird but worked my backside off to get him
went out more then I ever had in the past & only had 3 birds come in all season. I was the only on in my group to get a bird I call for 6 people

#19 ·
Glad to hear you got a nice bird Dep. Our turkey season here was the same as both you and Tator had, worst I've seen in a long time, for whatever reason. There's tons of birds where I deer hunt, see them all deer season long. Usually in spring season you find as many by accident as you do on purpose, they are everywhere and talkin' like crazy--not this year, very strange to set up early in the morning and not hear the first bird.

#20 ·
The final straw for me this season was when I went hunting on the south side of the woods on my in-law's land and when I finished hunting, my father in-law who had checked cows on the north side of the woods asked me if I saw those 3 huge toms go into the woods!!! Umm. no. I think mine grew smart genes and never said a word the whole season.

#21 ·
I only went out 3 times....one for little scouting and not to hunt.. 2 for the boy and his buddy and they both missed good birds each about a half hour apart...3 took my buddy out and worked the heck out of a stubborn old bird for 3 hours switching spots, running to different parts of the woods and using decoys in the field edge. All to no success but it was fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.