Horror Stories - Page 7 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 11-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

Default In defense of Randy

Which this thread is turning to an old fashion pee'ing contest. I have read all of Randy Wakefields postings and can say that he might be in the pocket of Savage but in his articles he does mention and talk about Thompson Center products from the new Impact up to the Cadillac Encore. I am thinking that his critics might give him a degree of creditability? I know living in the Northeast that Savage is located in Westfield Ma and Thompson Center is located in New Hampshire soon to move to Smith&Wesson in Springfield Ma. Just where is CVA factory located and the other one mentioned in the postings?
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 09:56 AM
bullet810

Default randy knows what he is talking about!

I called randy when i blew my right hand off out hunting with the pipebomb they call tradition inline 50 cal. muzzelloader !!!! he understands the frustration and loss im going threw!!!! he makes it all clear and TRUE statements on this product! people need to know!!! and i commend him on having such knowledge on the subject! I hope you take this to heart and beleive everything he states because this has changed my life forever and the fact it was not my fault!!! makes me very angry! EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW!!!!!!! thanks randy for your sapport for us SAFE HUNTERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet810 View Post
I called randy when i blew my right hand off out hunting with the pipebomb they call tradition inline 50 cal. muzzelloader !!!! he understands the frustration and loss im going threw!!!! he makes it all clear and TRUE statements on this product! people need to know!!! and i commend him on having such knowledge on the subject! I hope you take this to heart and beleive everything he states because this has changed my life forever and the fact it was not my fault!!! makes me very angry! EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW!!!!!!! thanks randy for your sapport for us SAFE HUNTERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice try but I'm not buying your off the wall internet story about blowing your right hand off. If you want me to believe your story then you need to back it up with some facts like a newpaper report or a police report or a hospital report or a television news report. I think it's truly amazing how many "Unregistered" posters will chime in on posts with nonsense like this.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:23 PM

I'm a facts person also, stories are simply stories until witnesses show up or like BB said factual reports are submitted. I assume there should be court documents regarding law suit, product liability suit something.... I'd like to know more about this case.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 AM
B&C 120 Class

I'm fairly new to muzzleloading and shoot a flintlock traditions 50 cal. with 70 grains of 2F behind the 177 grain roundball.I have yet to kill a deer with it.With all the concerns about exploding muzzleloaders,is it really necessary to load them with 100 to 150 grains of powder to take a deer?
Old 02-22-2013, 01:01 PM

MY OPINION NO you do not need Magnum loads 80 is fine but our average shot here in NH is under 100 yards
don't smoke stick hunt anymore as our bow season runs through the ML season & you will not get me to put my bow down except for the couple weeks of Rifle

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 02-22-2013, 02:51 PM
B&C 120 Class

My 70 grains of 2F pushes the roundball through 3/8" particle board at 75 yards.Here in PA's Flintlock season,we're limited to open sights so thats my maximum shot anyway.I like the idea of using that level of technology to take a deer.I'm not trying to recreate the evolution of the rifle.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:39 PM

well, my thoughts are... I tend to shoot 90-100 grs for my 50 cals and 110 gr for the flint 54. I just think that max fps is worth the few extra grains to achieve it and you get better bullet trajectory. I think both are something worthwhile. I also have no recoil flinch from ml'ders so the extra kick isn't an issue.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:05 PM

Found an interesting thing on e-bay. A older man developed a rotary flint wheel to use in place of a flint. The pictures show a monsterous shower of sparks. The claim is it is also legal in PA's late season flintlock hunting.