Horror Stories - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 12-14-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
Kinda makes the point that most times you get what you pay for. I'll stay with TC or custom with a good quality barrel. I've been around a lot of muzzleloaders over the years and have never seen one come apart with correct loads and sound safety practices utalized.
Well you have got a point there Hunting Man but sometimes you end up paying for the name and not necessarily a better item...
I remember years ago I bought a CVA muzzleloader kit, cost me a whole $69.00 dollars after I completed it, I shot that Muzzleloader hundreds of times without incident and as best as I can recall I had very few misfires with it. Was it safe? I'm sure it was, it proved itself with fairly accurate shots time and time again... But you're right with good safe shooting practices I dont think anyone will have problems no matter what brand they shoot, but that's "IF" they follow safe shooting practices...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Scrub Buck

Exclamation Mine Exploded

Hello, I just thought you would like to know that my New Frontier 50 cal magnum inline blew up in my face in october.If I had known then what I know now I would have destroyed it.First of all there is no such thing as a magnum muzzle loader the makers of prodex state on all packages to never for any reason load more than 2- 50. GR. pellets in your firearm.I had owned this gun for 3 years and always used the same load 2- 50gr. pellets and a 385gr. bullet.After sighting it in I decided to shoot a few more times I had fired the gun 6 times when I fired the 7th shot it blew up in my face causeing several large blast injuries (large holes) to my left arm and also causeing a traumatic cateract.I would strongly advise you not to use this gun.But if you insist then atleast go and look at this website first. WWW.CVAGUNCASES.COM. Your new gun is sold by CVA so go take a look at this site then you decide. John
Old 12-10-2009, 11:30 AM

Ouch cajun thats rough.. Hope everything healed up alright..
Old 12-10-2009, 04:25 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news. But I really hope that you get better. And welcome aboard cajundeerhunter.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost View Post
Sorry to hear the bad news. But I really hope that you get better. And welcome aboard cajundeerhunter.
times 2 .....

Old 12-10-2009, 06:09 PM

x3, I hate to hear a story like that, I hope all iswell.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Yet again somethings amiss. One post claiming injury and promoting the website and never returned in two years! Something stinks!

Last edited by Unregistered; 04-19-2011 at 06:20 PM. Reason: typo
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajundeerhunter View Post
Hello, I just thought you would like to know that my New Frontier 50 cal magnum inline blew up in my face in october.If I had known then what I know now I would have destroyed it.First of all there is no such thing as a magnum muzzle loader the makers of prodex state on all packages to never for any reason load more than 2- 50. GR. pellets in your firearm.I had owned this gun for 3 years and always used the same load 2- 50gr. pellets and a 385gr. bullet.After sighting it in I decided to shoot a few more times I had fired the gun 6 times when I fired the 7th shot it blew up in my face causeing several large blast injuries (large holes) to my left arm and also causeing a traumatic cateract.I would strongly advise you not to use this gun.But if you insist then atleast go and look at this website first. WWW.CVAGUNCASES.COM. Your new gun is sold by CVA so go take a look at this site then you decide. John
That website is owned by the ambulance chasing lawyer whos great close friends with randy wakeman. Its basically a scare tactics website to steer buyers into the savage market.

Wakeman will defend pictures of blown up savages to the point where he gets down right psycho.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierGander View Post
That website is owned by the ambulance chasing lawyer whos great close friends with randy wakeman. Its basically a scare tactics website to steer buyers into the savage market.

Wakeman will defend pictures of blown up savages to the point where he gets down right psycho.
FrontierGander, what is wrong with you? It doesn't matter WHO owns the website that shines the light on the situation.
We should ALL be thanking WWW.CVAGUNCASES.COM for making us aware of the situation rather than allowing cva to just write it off an isolated incident.
CVA has a past history of marketing thousands of dangerous and unsafe muzzleloaders some of which are still floating around today somewhere.
For anyone to say it's just a scare tactic is absurd, when a CVA muzzlelolader (OR any other brand) causes bodily harm to a person,
that's not a scare tactic that's an indication to WARN others who may own the same weapons. period!

Old 04-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Banned

bruce i know you will lick that up like a cupcake sitting in the sun, but randy wakeman calls your traditions brand junk as well and claims they will explode at any given time.

If you actually take the time to read all the boring lawyer stuff, you'll find that a lot of these guns on that website ARE recall guns that did in fact have problems, many guns on there as well used smokeless powder.

I can show you pictures of exploded savages, TC's but then that'd just REALLY get you guys goin, so i wont.