Deer Hunting Forums banner

Sidelock project

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  frontiergander 
#1 ·
A couple months ago i picked this up on ebay. I had that darn itch for a sidelock again, ive done plenty of lyman great plains rifle kits and so i wanted bigger.

Picked up a cva hawken stock with 1" barrel channel. Uh huh you all remember the cva mountain rifle correct? Whats the biggest caliber it was offered in you say? 58cal!

It will take some custom work such as relocating a new dovetail for the barrel under lug but thats easy enough to do. Deer Creek still has plenty of the 32" 58cal 1:72 twist Douglas barrels cva used to use on the old mt rifles and so for $85 + shipping, I should be the first to own a 58cal cva hawken.:yes:

A heck of a lot lighter than the GPR but the hawken stock will need quite a bit of reshaping and spicing up. As for color? Not yet sure on the stain.

See less See more
#8 ·
Jeeez! Deer Creek is a heck of alot cheaper than ebay! Ebay wanted $20 for a tang, i call and order, get prices first, $8.50 for the tang from deer creek and only $1 for the tang screw!

Barrel was a bit more than a few months ago $110 but still a hell of a deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.