New MuzzleLoader Hunter - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > MuzzleLoader Hunting
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

Old 11-26-2012, 10:51 AM

the problem with basement models is they will always be basement models. I know you have to purchase with-in your budget but please don't compare basement models with top end Brownings or Remingtons. New Savage rifles shoot well no question but there is no wow factor and their resale value is very low. So to me it's apples and oranges. It's like the person who buys a corvette over a focus, both get you to the store, which one would you like to own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Banned

HM, dude, all inlines will just be inlines, they do not gain in value because they are mass produced and built to sell quickly. New remingtons will never have the value of an old Winchester. A TC encore, a tc omega, a tc bone collector i highly doubt will be around 50 years from now because they are built cheap. I doubt any mass produces, plastic stock inline will be around 50 years from now.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:05 PM

same old argument.......
Old 11-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Banned

Wait till you see the video i made of that v2 a member sent me. I called him just to tease him and not tell him the group it shot LOL, its torture i tell ya.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:30 AM
Unregistered

Talking The truth about

I would recommend Thompson Center or Savage 10ML-II the Savage would be the best inline made to date & only one tested to center fire standards aka SAAMI/ANSI Standards. A true smokeless powder capable ML

I only buy quality items not because my pockets are that deep high price is not always quality. I did my own research for myself & after much of that I found what I was looking for. I found tack driving accuracy out to 100+ yards & a Quality gun that will last for years. I was worried about the reputation of the Co I would buy from solely based on safety of the product. My safety was important to me. I in no way said other inlines are not safe after all safety is the operators number one job only they control what takes place or what they choose to shoot. I ruled out CVA for many reasons they did not offer what I want along with many others that did not meet my high standards & expectations. They put profits first in the past & play dirty today at the expense of others this might interest you http://www.itcblog.com/wp-content/up...wcomplaint.pdf In the past the expense was to the customer many life's destroyed or changed forever after using there product.

I would recommend a inline 209 ignition non break action type of gun such as the TC Omega or TC Omega Z5. Why? more accurate. Why? No hinge pin to introduce poi or point of impact change under recoil. This is also why the most accurate rifles have a fixed barrel position & free floated such as a bolt action rifle.

The gun is not imported after manufacture from Spain for sale in USA it's design is overall more accurate down range. It is made of higher quality material be it blued barrel or stainless steel. Why? The steel is imported into the USA & held to US steel grade scale & proofed here under strict rules & regulations. Spain uses a different scale system & proofing system in Spain then imports the finished product for sale in USA. Bergara barrels is in Spain 416 SS in Spain is far different to what we would call 416 SS here at home.

The USA has far more gun makers of small arms then any other place in the world. Far more advanced methods & strict regulation we Americans love red tape. No wonder outsiders only import product never set up shop here no profit in it with all that red tape.

I just take pride in dealing with a reputable company & honest or well as honest as it can get in the arms biz. I also take pride in supporting american jobs here at home with a us based co & workers.

The plus for me in this all the above & quality + Accuracy that will last. The con cost vs features or in other words you pay more for quality but get less features as compared to CVA. As with most guns you get what you pay for. I did not need a free scope or all the other bells n stuff. I needed a born performer tried n true. I have had so many guys try to buy this gun from me it is highly sought after. I will pass it down to my son will never sell it. if you would like to see my full setup check it out. MidwestProwler's channel - YouTube it's under videos.

Use the right stuff your muzzleloader will last 50 years easy unlike a non inline shooting BP or Pyro T7 so on. Breech Plug is another story you will need replaced due to opening of flash hole over time I always keep a few spare. Note on the cva to use blackhorn 209 powder you will need another plug that is not supplied with the gun. BH209 is a game changer go have a look at BH209 home page very clean no shelf life unlike all the other stuff pyro BP t7. Hell the stuff cleans up with oil based solvents the other stuff can only be cleaned with water based. I could see why a gun would not last 50 years in that case. If you do go cva you will need to buy a new plug to use BH209 powder. I would take what FrontierGander has to say with a grain of salt. A fast Google of his screen name (FrontierGander) or FrontierMuzzleloading link here FrontierMuzzleloadin's channel - YouTube add you tube to the end shows his cva agenda now me I'm just a average Joe as you can see on my you tube page. Just keeping em honest. Whatever you go with be safe have fun. Happy hunting.

Last edited by Unregistered; 11-30-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armymedspc View Post
Hi everyone. Hope this hunting season has gone well for you.

I have been an avid deer hunter in MN for 15+ years now and have typically been hunting the Shotgun and Bow seasons here. I am now interested in the new challenge of hunting with a MuzzleLoader. I am looking on advice for a good starter gun or set and if anyone knows of any classes or anything I can take to teach me how to operate my new weapon once it is purchased.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Have a look this will help not a class but gives you a full rundown from start to finish with detailed explanation MidwestProwler's channel - YouTube
Watch videos named muzzleloader vs shotgun part1 & part2 also see the video about sluggun ammo & muzzleloader ammo.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Banned

Was that an attack on a member?

Pot was caught calling the kettle black. Of course he would recommend TC.
MidwestProwler's channel - YouTube
Old 11-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

Attack on a member ? No I just stated the obvious your channel your gun your shirt your equipment all have CVA posted on it in big bold print. You even sprung for the extra decals on butt-stock of gun. 140 class B&C you claim really? Your not paid to push - advertise for em. All I stated was your opinion was not a unbiased one but that's my opinion & explanation of how I come to it. As for CVA I think they suck are unsafe & a shame they are still allowed to sell guns in the USA with such a bad history & current one. Again my opinion. Sorry if I offended you or if you misinterpreted the phrase I used. Attack on you hardly I guess some people are different & take things different ways again sorry. If you have some cold hard facts you can link to in CVA brands favor by all means proceed. Facts are the only thing that sway my opinion & you seem to care much of what I think as you are effected by much of what I say in some way. I do this because I care & would hate to see a kid blown to bits with a gun that has done this in the past & highly likely to do it today the information & how they get away with this is out there I blast it along with many others all over the net for that reason & it alone. You could say they pay me or I get some kinda perk but I think most can see from my videos I'm a consumer. Might be one the guys in stores no one ever want to help but hey that's there job to help the consumer :) I will state it tho no I do not get paid for this or have any affiliation with Thompson Center arms Co I just bought a gun from them that's all. Randy Wakeman has been a CVA fallback for years soon as a consumer says anything bad about CVA they blame him. See my videos I'm not him along with many others blasting the same info. Consumers have a brain to about time CVA learned this another year or so it will be all over for them anyways. The us international trade commission will see to that.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Banned

You have the nerve to talk about my videos when you obviously have ties to TC and other companies that you have been posting reviews on?

Its obvious you are just here to start trouble and i should hope the moderators remove you. Why they allow guests to post is way beyond me.

Good luck in what ever your quest it, I dont see you making any friends here soon.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Smile

Is that a attack on a non member? Why would a moderator remove me because I have a differing opinion then yours ? No one likes a dictator. I like a good debate with cold hard facts if you can provide a civilized debate with factual information & sway my Opinion I would gladly admit I'm wrong.

P.S. I have made many friends here many that are fans of tc knight & other reputable inline muzzleloader manufacturers. I think I stated in my last post I was not here to cause trouble. I do however have freedom like the rest of us to my own opinion. If that causes CVA trouble well hey what can I say but how it would cause you trouble I'm at a bit of a loss to answer that question. Your videos on youtube I do not like them just my opinion. You posted them online so you should of expected some criticism & differing opinions. They are public record after all. I just can't see loading a non inline cva hawken 50 cal with bh209 safe it tells you not to right on bh209 website under FAQ I think it is reckless & unsafe. I would not take advice from a person that would do such reckless & unsafe things again just my opinion that's sound advice you can bank on. here is the video I'm talking about CVA Hawken .50 Shooting Blackhorn209 - YouTube It may of withstood what you did with it but I would not repeat it the powder manufacturer puts this info out there for a reason. For inline type sealed ignition 209 guns only or BP cartridge. Just another fun fact for tc guys out there The Thompson Center Omega 50 cal was the test gun used for Blackhorn 209 powder.