Deer Hunting Forums banner

Deer hunt wih Kids

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  quigleysharps4570 
#1 ·
Took both my kids (4 year old boy and 7 year old girl) out this past Saturday to hunt muzzleloader. Had this 8 pointer come into the feeder about 7:15 pm. Made a nice clean shot on him and man, we're my kids jacked! First deer hunt with Daddy and something I'll remember the rest of my life. Everything was going perfect until I got careless skinning him and ended the evening in the ER getting 6 stitches in my thumb. But, all is well and would do it all over again if given the chance. Hope I got the pictures attached correctly.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
AWESOME man! I wish my 4 year old could go with me but he's WAAAY too loud and would probably have to poop or pee 5 minutes into the hunt. haha

I love him to death, but he's just not ready for hunting yet. :)
It was awesome! I thought the same thing, mainly because I'm pretty sure my 4 year old has ADHD. But, I'm telling you he sat in that blind for a little over a hour and just looked out the window. We had some gummy worms which kept him busy, but he did great! He's been asking 3 times a week if we can go again. It's hard explaining to a 4 year old what "seasons" are. Told him we're going to shoot a doe but that doe like the snow so we half to wait until Christmas when it's cold and snowy. I tell you another rewarding part is that we've been eating venison 3 times a week and both my kids love it! So now, every time we sit down and eat some venison we get to talk about the hunt and they get all excited again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.