DHC Members - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:03 AM

Default DHC Members

DHC Members,
As some of you are aware my ability to be actively involved over the last year has been tougher and tougher. This has made server/software enhancements take longer than they should and not happen as often as they should. In an effort to make sure that this Club stays alive and running as smoothly and effectively as it should I have sold both DHC and my failed attempt of tnhuntingclub.com to a company called Vertical Scope.
They have transferred the site over to their servers, and we are on a fast enough machine/host to keep things moving along at the speeds where they should be.
I apologize for not discussing this prior to making this move, but I was not allowed as a part of the transfer. This honestly, was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I did it knowing that VS has a huge network of sites, over 200, and the resources to support and maintain DHC and keep us running and updated as needed.
The forums will continue to be run by this team and the business/server side of the forum will be run by Vertical Scope. I would like you all the Moderators to continue doing the same job you all have been doing for years now to keep this Club growing and keep our member base active. I will still be here on the site and should now get to devote more time to being active on the forums again. What I enjoyed about the site during the first few years is now gone. I spend way to much time trying to keep it (traffic wise and tech wise) at the same level it has achieved over the past couple of years and less time on the reasons I started it. I am sick and tired of reading up on all the SEO changes google keeps making to their search engine and trying to adjust to keep our forums active with new members.
I also recently changed my work schedule at my normal job. Now I am working Mon thru Fri dayshift and coming home and trying to do the things that need to be done on DHC. I am sure you have noticed I have been on here less and less. Now that I sleep at home the same time as my wife and kids the time I spend in front of the computer is taking a toll on how much time I get to spend with them. It is now time for me to retire from sitting in front of the computer and graduate to helping my kids doing their homework! On one hand it really sucks and on the other I am glad to be free of the extra work.
When I started DHC I never had the intention of selling it one day. Vertical Scope just happened to offer to buy at a time that I was fed up with sitting in front of the computer. It also happened at a time that I thought DHC would be in better hands if someone else had it that could devote the time and resources into what it needs. How many years have I wanted to update our forums and make it available on mobile phones? I know its been several but I have never had the resources or the trusted tech knowledge to get it done on an existing site as large as DHC.
Sorry for the long post and for you having to read my ramblings. I have greatly enjoyed the relationships I have created on DHC and hope to have those to continue without the headache of running things. Ya’ll take it easy and I hope you understand why I did what I did.
Thanks for being a part of DHC.
Mark (buckfever)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Hi Everyone,

My name is Helena and I work for Verticalscope.com, as you have read above we are now the proud owners of DeerHuntersClub.com. I would like to start out with letting you all know that we are not here to close this site or change this community; we are here to help improve the functionality of the site and help it grow to a new level. We have a great team of tech support that is here to fix any functional issues you have with the site, and help keep the site updated and working. I am here whenever you need help with anything, or if you have a question or concern.

With that I would like you all to know that this is still YOUR community and we are here to work with the community and the existing staff to keep this site a place for you to come and feel at home.

Feel free to post your concerns or questions below or you can PM me any time, you may also email me at Helena@VerticalScope.com.

Thank you everyone.
Helena
Old 09-11-2012, 01:03 PM
B&C 120 Class

Mark - the rewards that you will get at home will cinfirm that you made the right descision many times over. Its been great getting to know you and the other friends that I have met here. (I dont plan on leaving :) Enjoy the kids. Mine take every second I can give them and they still beg for more. Enjoy and lets get some deer this fall!!
Old 09-11-2012, 05:35 PM
B&C 160 Class

buckfever maybe now you can just enjoy your time online
Old 09-11-2012, 08:56 PM

Thanks dudes! I have refrained from sighting in my deer rifle on my computer monitor. I agree with your statement of now lets go get some deer timetohunt. I have yet to do anything deer hunting related this year. Last year at this time we had been filling feeders, salt licks and checking cams every other week.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:29 PM
B&C 120 Class

I'm in the same boat - A friend asked last night if I had been out scouting. I had to say no but I think I know where my bow is.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:54 PM
B&C 140 Class

"Family first" !!! Sounds like a good move at a great time.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:14 AM

Mark
You & the Mrs. have been great to all of us. I am so glad I found this site back in '08 I have the utmost respect for you & your family. to you for what you provided us & to your family for dealing with it & supporting what you enjoyed. I know how it is to start out doing something you Love & never think it could become something you hate. I think we all understand & support your decision. I know I never really thought about what kind of hours it took to run this site & I am very happy to hear you will be enjoying the free time w/ your family & getting back to doing stuff you once again enjoy Good Luck, Enjoy & THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING\

Chris

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 09-12-2012, 08:13 AM

Mark, As one of your Moderators, I have to say, I'm more than surprised with this news.
However, I do understand your position and I agree, nothing ever comes before family.
I really wish you had spoken with us (the Moderators) before making your final decision and for several reasons,
but the most important reason would have been to help you hold onto the DHC rather than sell it off.
Personally, I would have been more than willing to do more than I already do to help you keep what you had.
As hunters, we all share the same interests and beliefs in what we do.
We don't know anything about Vertical Scope, who they are or what they do.
I'm saddened to see this happen this way Mark, All of us have developed great friendships at the DHC and
I hope your decision doesn't cause you any regrets.
I will continue doing what I have been doing for the DHC if that's what Vertical Scope would like me to do.
The DHC has become more than just a forum for me to visit, many new friendships have been made
and I'm honored to have been a part of the DHC's development and Success thus far.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the DHC has the best members and I'm proud and honored to a part of the DHC group.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:24 PM

My hope is to continue to do what we do best here, share experiences and knowledge in a family way. If that continues then I will continue to moderate as long as you all want me to. I hope Mark will continue to part a great part of DHC and have fun just talking for once. Life is so full of changes that we just have to learn to go with the flow. Thanks Mark for allowing me to be a part in the club and hope to share some stories with you over the next few years, If we don't I'll send Gunnar and Raven down to stay for a few weeks, just watch your 4-wheeler seats.