DHC Members - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
Mark
You & the Mrs. have been great to all of us. I am so glad I found this site back in '08 I have the utmost respect for you & your family. to you for what you provided us & to your family for dealing with it & supporting what you enjoyed. I know how it is to start out doing something you Love & never think it could become something you hate. I think we all understand & support your decision. I know I never really thought about what kind of hours it took to run this site & I am very happy to hear you will be enjoying the free time w/ your family & getting back to doing stuff you once again enjoy Good Luck, Enjoy & THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING\

Chris
Thanks a lot man. Your words mean a lot. If my wife reads this thread I think she would tear up. Last night she was talking about how DHC has been a part of our entire married life and how its kinda like we just lost something. She was reminsing <----however you spell that) about back in our early days of marriage when the site just started one of my friends would come over and help me do stuff on the site. We would stay up till 2 in the morning staring at the computer screen and hollering at her to cook us more food. I bet I ate 2000 homemade quesdilla that year. Those were the good ol days when 1 new guy joined a week and I was thrilled that someone just accidently found the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
If we don't I'll send Gunnar and Raven down to stay for a few weeks, just watch your 4-wheeler seats.
Thx.. I had almost forgot about that. I bought a new seat so now I am not reminded every time I see my 4-wheeler.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
Mark, As one of your Moderators, I have to say, I'm more than surprised with this news.
However, I do understand your position and I agree, nothing ever comes before family.
I really wish you had spoken with us (the Moderators) before making your final decision and for several reasons,
but the most important reason would have been to help you hold onto the DHC rather than sell it off.
Personally, I would have been more than willing to do more than I already do to help you keep what you had.
As hunters, we all share the same interests and beliefs in what we do.
We don't know anything about Vertical Scope, who they are or what they do.
I'm saddened to see this happen this way Mark, All of us have developed great friendships at the DHC and
I hope your decision doesn't cause you any regrets.
I will continue doing what I have been doing for the DHC if that's what Vertical Scope would like me to do.
The DHC has become more than just a forum for me to visit, many new friendships have been made
and I'm honored to have been a part of the DHC's development and Success thus far.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the DHC has the best members and I'm proud and honored to a part of the DHC group.
I know you would have done more if I would have asked Bruce. I think it was the just best option that I had at this time. Its over and done with and now I don't get on my computer because I have to. I as well am hoping I dont regret this several years from now. I have kicked myself before. Hopefully I wont on this.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:52 AM

Mark don't sweat the small stuff. What you have done to this site & achived should be something you & your wife are be proud of.
I have always said when I am doing something even work that I am no longer enjoying it is time to let it go! This should have been You & your wifes decision & nobody elses. The way I see it you two did the right thing. what you accomplished here nobody can take that away.

"Last night she was talking about how DHC has been a part of our entire married life and how its kinda like we just lost something"
Understood let her know not to fret it is time for you to make new memories with your family.

You had to know this was coming
"If my wife reads this thread I think she would tear up."
That is because she knows now she is actually going to have to spend time with you.

Mark it is time for you to spend that time doing what you something else that gave you the same kind of feeling that you had when you started DHC & for Goodness Sake get out there & hunt You have time now

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 09-13-2012, 07:23 PM
B&C 140 Class

reminsing <----however you spell that)

I think it's "reminiscing", but that's why I've got all them (don't you just love my English?) pieces of paper a hangin' on the wall. And as someone else has very aptly put it - "You had to know this was coming" - if not by me then by someone else that's just as edjumacated as I are.

But I'm glad that you can now spend some time with the wife and kids, heaven knows you deserve the chance to spend it with them. Maybe now you can teach my grand-daughter how to use that .243 y'all got (has she grown into it yet?).

I'll support you in your decisions as I fully understand the toll running something like this can have on your personal life.

RR
Old 09-18-2012, 12:17 PM
B&C 180 Class

Mark-
I get why you did it, I don't like it, but I completely understand. What I want to tell you is great job at running this site for so long. You have done a great job at running it and I can't imagine how many hours it took away from your family. I think you did the right thing. If it were me, I probably would've done the same thing. My kids and wife come first and if time with them is being set aside, then there's a problem. Of course work is important too. I'm in the same boat as you, work during day, sleep at night- therefore, my time with my family is precious. Many of my posts come on my breaks at work or on my lunch. My time at home in the evenings is for them and only them.

Stay in touch on here, don't think you are leaving or anything like that!

--why do I feel like I just dropped grandpa off at the old-folk's home?

haha
Old 09-18-2012, 06:22 PM
B&C 140 Class

Mark,

You've done a great job with this site. Now, it's time to be with your family. I have no problems with what you did or how you did it, period. We can still have an active and rewarding time here if we want. Long live DHC!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:45 PM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehorse View Post
Mark,

You've done a great job with this site. Now, it's time to be with your family. I have no problems with what you did or how you did it, period. We can still have an active and rewarding time here if we want. Long live DHC!
X2, and all the good things said here. I think I joined this site a month after Mark started it and always enjoyed it. Mark you ain't that far you still have an invitation to hunt with me any time.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:43 PM

Thanks again men.