Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/)
-   -   opening day youth season (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/9978-opening-day-youth-season.html)

Kansasdoe 09-08-2012 08:16 PM

opening day youth season

I have to say today was awesome. My 15 yr old daughter who has never ever wanted to go hunting wanted to go out and set in the new blind we built for opening day. We sat for a while and about a half hour after sunrise, three bucks showed up. She couldn't get in position for a good shot but it was a rush having them so close. A dos and a little fawn showed up later and after they left a little loaner fawn surprised us by appearing out of nowhere and was so close his head was almost inside with us. We didn't get anything but I think we all had a great time.

tomlightfield 09-08-2012 08:33 PM

What a great way to kick off the new season KD. By the way, did you square off with hubby yet over who gets dibs on the new adjustable loc-on stand for opening day???

Kansasdoe 09-08-2012 08:39 PM

I've got opening day off and he has to work so i can sit anywh:yes:ere I want.

Scorpion8 09-08-2012 09:14 PM

You got great memories, which is way more important than a deer at her age. Awesome!

timberghost 09-08-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion8 (Post 71989)
You got great memories, which is way more important than a deer at her age. Awesome!

x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

Buckshot 09-09-2012 07:55 AM

Those are the best of times, I am sure she will always have that memory. Sharing our sport with the youngsters is the best thing we do. Trips like that will sure make her catch the hunting bug.

Kansasdoe 09-10-2012 08:26 AM

I think she caught the hunting bug. She's ready to go out again next weekend. I'm so glad we decided to go together the other day. While we were getting up early to go hunting her best friend was getting busted by the cops for taking het moms new vehicle and driving under age. Glad she wasn't with her and hopefully this can be something that will keep her busy and out of trouble. I'm not ready for a teenager. Lol.

Buckshot 09-10-2012 08:38 AM

Busy and out of trouble is the name of the game I believe. I raised four daughters and keeping them busy in sports kept them away from a lot of the negative influences, especially in high school. It was work getting them to the practices and games but well worth the effort. I never could get them into hunting but they loved to fish.

Hunting Man 09-10-2012 08:56 AM

Memories last a lifetime... another child being introduced to the great outdoors, congrats for the fine example for others to follow.

BruceBruce1959 09-10-2012 02:33 PM

Congratulations, Quality time shared in the outdoors creates the best memories and makes that family bond stronger and stronger.
Good Job Mom and Dad !!!!! :thumbup: