opening day youth season - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:34 PM
B&C 120 Class

I went to the local Wildlife Management Area this evening for the last two hours of the junior/senior doe season.I didn't see anything.On the way out I met a 12 yr old boy and his father and grandfather.He had just taken his first deer.It was a doe approximately 80 lbs.He dropped it on the spot with one shot from his .243.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 PM
B&C 180 Class

Congrats KD- I think your approach at not forcing your daughter to hunt was the right thing. Many kids don't start hunting till teenage years because they either aren't ready for it, or they don't have interest in it yet. I think it's important as mom's and dad's to not force our kids into doing anything extra curricular. Allowing them to make the decision and then requiring them to stick with it and not quit is always the best way to go!

3212- that's a nice setting you gave us--- I bet that boy was grinning ear to ear!
...I am not skilled to understand, what God has willed, what God has planned, I only know at His right hand, stands One who is my Savior....