Hunting on Guam - Page 5 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:05 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Been a while

Hey guys it's been a while since I've visited here.Ive been wrenching on my trucks but I'm back now.Here's a nice fish I caught a couple weeks ago.It's a Mamulan or Giant Trevally.No recent deer pics season ended and I'm just waiting to get back out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 10:20 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Mamulan

Oh yeah I speared that bad boy By the way.He took me water skiing for a while and almost got away.Had to put a total of 4 spears in him to get him on the boat.No official weight but I guess around 80lbs.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 AM
B&C 120 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown671 View Post
Here's a nice fish I caught a couple weeks ago.It's a Mamulan or Giant Trevally.
Nice! Are they good eating?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:09 PM

my question too, pretty big also.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:51 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Mamulan

Hey guys,yes these are good to eat although this guy was pretty tough due to his old age I imagine.This is the biggest fish I have speared so far. Normally I would not shoot really large fish because they can bend spears or run away with the spear and gun.This has happened to me before.Oh and by the way they can also drown you!!If I was to get wrapped up in the line from this fish he could easily pull me down.But when I saw him I just could not resist.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:25 PM
B&C 120 Class

People here swoon over catching that 325lb halibut. But the facts are that the smaller "chicken" halibut of 40-60lbs make better eating. And the old big daddy's should be left to breed more lil' halibut.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:29 AM
Scrub Buck

Primo Joe,

I can totally relate to your style, hunting grounds, and experience. For twenty-eight years, I hunted Mt. Lam -Lam and have very similar stories about the deer in the south. I use a Remington 7400 in 270 cal, topped off with a 4X12X40 mm Nikon. Most shots are from 100-200 yards. However; I have taken shots out to 300-425 yards with success. Taken a lot of deer up there and know very well about the hours it takes to the carry deer out. My longest hunting trip started at 9:00 AM and finished at 1:00 AM early next morning. We caught a giant 240lbs dinga dos.

The bibik is everything. When properly used; it makes the difference between meat or no meat in the fridge. This is where most hunters who do bibik get taken to school. I learned to bibik from my Paree, Stanley Santos, whom I consider to be one of the best in this field. I say this due to the many, many deer; and the multiple 200 pounders plus he shot(Got pictures to prove it too).

When it comes to the bibik; I absolutely love the dollar bill! Many awesome hunts ended with deer feet facing the sky...you know what I mean. By the way, I also use another call I invented for the big boys(No one else has it that I know of). Shot most of my biggest deer using this revolutionary call...deadly and effective!

Good job Joe, keep those pics coming.

Just me,
Lv2hunt