Looking for info on old deer camps and cabins - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Scrub Buck

Default Looking for info on old deer camps and cabins

I'm an avid vintage beer can collector (pre-1960) and would be interested in any insight into old deer camp, fishing camp, farm or cabin dumps that could contain a pile of old beer cans. I'd be willing to dig some if needed to get to any older cans. You would just have to point me in the general area (or a big pile of rust) and I'd enjoy a chance to go through the pile. I would love for a chance to collect up some of the old cans that litter the forests in your area if you or any of your fellow hunters can point me towards some old dumps that you might have seen. I'd also be willing to look under old buildings, in attics and in barns for old cans. I will be sure to respect any property and ensure that it is made safe for hunters to continue to enjoy. I'd be willing to make a valued donation to your hunting or deer camp for any leads that pan out.
I'd retired Army living in Florida but would be willing to travel anywhere with a confirmed lead on a location. I'd like to bring a friend with whenever possible to be able to get through the area quicker and safer. You can contact me (Keith) 813 679-2690 keithker@hotmail.com or Steve 954 747-8657 teamtropical@hotmail.com.