Deer Hunting Forums banner

Instant deer attractant

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Lil Woody 
#1 ·
Ok so I'm probably be hunting a lot of public land this year unless I find a buddy that will let me hunt on their land. So I'm looking into attractants. What do y'all suggest?

#5 ·
Unless you're hunting the rut trying to lure a big buck into your spot is probably a wasted effort. However, if you can locate feeding routes and then set up where two or more merge together you probably have a winning position, then all you need for him is not to be nocturnal! :thumbdown:

#6 ·
Human urine, my own, works as well as any that you can buy. But you will never beat food as an attractant. No food=no deer. So learn the preferred food sources in your area and hunt accordingly.

When it comes down to it, it is pretty hard to beat the basics.

#7 ·
I am not sure if using our product would be allowed in your public hunting situation in your state. If it is I would like to direct you to take a look at our Rack Daddy Premium Minerals. It is a year round attractant that is loaded with vitamins and minerals that the deer need and want but is not always available to them.
I hunt over it in Texas and in Kansas and have tremendous results. For less than .10 cents a day you can have develop a year round attraction for the deer in your area.
Give me a call at 972-957-RACK if I can help you out.

Be Blessed
Mark Howard

#8 ·
New hunting land

I was just given permission to hunt a close friends land. However, he raises cattle and prefers no blinds or feeders on property except hand thrown and pop-up blinds. Property has two moderate sized water tanks about an acre each. Total prpoerty about 35 acres. Several open fields with heavy to light tree coverage with the deer trails easily huntable from most of the tree lines being on south end of the property. Any recommendations on feed and suppliments that the deer will eat and the cows won't?

#10 ·
I'm new by a couple weeks to this forum but a long time deer hunter. I've tried about everything just like a lot of other hunters to try to get that big buck to be where I'd like him to be when I needed him to be there but have fallen short. Truth of the matter for me anyways is that if it was that easy I probably would quit:unsure:. It's not that there are some good attractants out there but the fact that there is more to it than that. Those guys are smart and more so than we think. I use to fly over a 3000 acre public land just below my house that was farm land growing up into forest. I would get off work and hop in my ultralight and go "scouting". I would watch as their racks grew and I would know where to go to see them. It was fun! But 2 things I learned that surprised me. First when October 1st(archery opens) got here everything changed THAT day. Now understand that there were hardly any hunters mostly because the trees weren't big enough for climbing stands. I would fly down where most hunters wouldn't walk(no vehicles off main roads) and still would not see the bucks, maybe one once in a while. I noted this over several years and it still puzzles me:ranting:. Will tell the second thing later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.