Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/)
-   -   skullcap (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/953-skullcap.html)

bigbrie 11-07-2007 02:56 PM

skullcap
 
What is the proper way to cut the skullcap off a buck?

burgerking 11-07-2007 04:16 PM

for what purpose?

timberghost 11-07-2007 06:37 PM

I wonder if he forgot to mention "for antler mount".

burgerking 11-07-2007 09:15 PM

yea, i just cut the back part of it kinda on an angle, depends on what angle you want the antlers to sit at on the plack. or whatever. should only take two cuts. One from the front straight back, then one from behind the rack down to where you ended the first cut.

bigbrie 11-08-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timberghost (Post 5290)
I wonder if he forgot to mention "for antler mount".


No! I just wanted to cut the skull :nerd::nerd: and see whats
in there :wacko::wacko: L.O.L. Yea that's what i was talking about and thank's for the info Burgerking I'm thinking i'm going to get my first buck this year and i don't know if i'll be able to aford to mount the head .

BruceBruce1959 11-08-2007 06:16 PM

Have you ever heard of a European Skull Mount? This is a sample of what it looks like >> SAMPLE <<--Click to see
If anyone is interested in trying it, I'll post some instructions on how to do it.

joel the signman 11-09-2007 08:36 PM

I do the euro method too .Its way cheaper:wink:But to answer the original question,USE A SAW:whistling::surprised::biggrin:

buckfever 11-10-2007 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 (Post 5322)
Have you ever heard of a European Skull Mount? This is a sample of what it looks like >> SAMPLE <<--Click to see
If anyone is interested in trying it, I'll post some instructions on how to do it.

yeah bruce if you post some instructions on it i can make it a new article in the hunting tips section for all to see. pics would go good too.

K.I.D.D. 11-10-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckfever (Post 5434)
yeah bruce if you post some instructions on it i can make it a new article in the hunting tips section for all to see. pics would go good too.

skull mounts are something u can do yourself right? how do u clean the skull off boil it?:confused:

burgerking 11-11-2007 09:20 AM

yeah, boil, i use bleach too. The instructions will probly tell you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.



LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC8