Ruining Hunting - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Banned

just last night i saw a set of black rattling antlers, a $70 value on sale for just $30 + shipping and handling, call now to place your order!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 08:29 PM
B&C 140 Class

other than some camo and anti scent spray is all I use.when Im in NC or Ga when its real cold I dont have camo for that and just wear my carhart bibs and jacket thats brown
Old 04-01-2012, 07:19 PM
B&C 100 Class

A comfortable seat for my rump so I can sit all day. A squirt of scent and some candy. I'm good.....
Old 04-16-2012, 02:53 PM
B&C 120 Class

There is a very simple way to do away with much of clutter on TV and in magazines. Simply don't watch and don't buy.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:48 PM
B&C 160 Class

Scribe i agree but the part that bothers me is the kids seeing this nonsense.There is a huge difference in shooting and hunting and i dont see much hunting on tv.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Scrub Buck

Technology has been forced upon us from all sides. That said, when it comes to hunting you can be as basic as you chose to be... 30-30 Model 94, iron sights, no food plot, no fancy scent eliminators/buck bombs, no trail cams, just your wits against theirs. Being able to read the lay of the land, the wind and put yourself in the right place at the right time.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Scrub Buck

I couldnt agree more... Hunting is about the pure joy of the outdoors and time spent making memories, and telling stories with your favorite friends and family
Old 06-10-2012, 08:28 PM
B&C 100 Class

ive got to agree with the gadgets nonsense. that ozonics stuff is amazing, but i feel like the point of hunting is to be there and out smart your quarry. its about spending time in nature and not just seeing or killing deer but watching families of coons dig in the leaves and the birds landing on limbs around you. its about solitude and thinking about whatever. your thoughts arent influenced by anyone. theres no nagging wife, no screaming kids, no mortgage bill. its the woods. and theyre not gonna be there forever. this country is growing. fast. so these pros need to start savoring the sentimental and basking in the glory of gods country because our kids may not get to enjoy it the way we have. they need to be more concerned with making memories and sharing them than with making money and promoting theyre newest products. that being said, i watch the heck out of hunting shows.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:09 AM
B&C 140 Class

technology is everywhere...I don't think we can expect to keep it out of treestands. As far as ruining hunting goes, I don't believe anyone can ruin my hunting as long as I have land to hunt and the free will to do as I please. Everyone will do things differently, and some people need all the gagets (to make up for traditional hunting skills). lol.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:36 PM
B&C 120 Class

If mentors do not take the kids out and show them the difference, it doesn't matter what crap is on TV. If a kid buys into what is on television, he is not getting the mentoring he should get.

Youngsters of the impressionable age, unless taken and shown and given the opportunity to hunt and enjoy the outdoors, ate not going to be watching outdoor programming. Why would they? They are going to be playing some kind of game I can't understand and trying to save up money to get something pierced or tatooed.