picking out trail cam - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:16 PM
B&C 120 Class

It takes sd cards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1g View Post
now it says sd card memory and easy to read photo strip ...does that mean you have to put film in or do the pics come on the sd card
As Kanasdoe stated they must use an SD card they do not have onboard memory the Quote"film strip" they refer to is the information stamp on the bottom of the pictures temp, moon phase, date, time & camera name (you name it whatever you want in the setup menue

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 02-21-2012, 09:11 AM
B&C 180 Class

m1g-
WELCOME to the site! Like GFD and Kansasdoe have said, Moultrie is the way to go. I personally have not ever purchased a cuddeback, but don't want to spend the money on one either. I have had Primos Truth cams before- they are junk as well- can't handle the summer heat (and I'm assuming they can't handle the winter's cold).

As GFD said, the D55 is offered in flash and IR (infrared). The "flash" they are talking about is the basically the amount of feet away that will be visible when the camera takes a pic at night. The strobe flash of the non-infrared camera is what we usually deem as a FLASH, because it actually flashes like a strob-light.

I'm not sure they even MAKE 7mm cameras anymore. The D55 and M80 are both SD card cameras. I'm not sure what they mean by film strip??? But rest assured, they are not Film cameras. I personally recommend the M80, but it looks like you already bought the D55- which is a great choice too. The M80 takes a little more clearer pics than the D55ir and it has a slightly faster trigger time too.

Good luck, and if you have any other questions let us know!

P.S. GFD--- I keep my cams out all year long. And Missouri has temps that reach 110 in the summer and below 0 in the winter! They keep on kicking!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
m1g-
P.S. GFD--- I keep my cams out all year long. And Missouri has temps that reach 110 in the summer and below 0 in the winter! They keep on kicking!
Tator we have had a very mild winter here this year I would say we have less then 3" on the ground & we have averaged high 30's in temp going to be close to 50 today but we did have a stretch in Dec with neg. temps I was surprised to see them still working cound't keep the WGI cams working in normal temps
picking up another cam this weekend with the prices I have seen on ebay I may just get one more D55IR before they are no longer available

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 02-28-2012, 08:57 PM
B&C 100 Class

I have four Moultries, two IR and two flash.

I also want to brag about Moultrie's customer service. I had a Moultrie that the flash quit firing. The camera would still trip but at night I would just get a black picture. The warranty was one year but the camera was a year and a half old. I sent it in to Moultrie for repair. They sent me a new camera at no charge.
(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.