Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/)
-   -   New member.... (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/9259-new-member.html)

Belinda 02-09-2012 06:56 AM

New member....

I have a great interest in hunting, I would love to learn more about it, I'm just not so sure where to start though, any tips?

BruceBruce1959 02-09-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belinda (Post 67597)
I have a great interest in hunting, I would love to learn more about it, I'm just not so sure where to start though, any tips?

Greetings Belinda, welcome to the club.
The best starting point would be to contact your State Dept. of Fish and Wildlife to find out where and when the next Hunter safety classes are being held.

That should always be step 1.

step 2. should be spent at a shooting range learning how to shoot safely and accurately.

step 3. would be right here at this website asking all the questions you can think of and the
members here at the deer hunters club will do their very bests to help you learn all the skills
necessary to become an Ethical, Safe and skilled master hunter.

Good Luck.

BruceBruce1959 02-09-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belinda (Post 67600)
Thank you, I'll look into that, I have a question though. I have two friends who goes hunting occationally, maybe once every second month, recently they spoke about where to aim when trying to shoot a buck, is there a possibility that you could maybe give me some insite on that...?

When a game animal presents itself it's up to the shooter to determine the best place to aim if you want to harvest that animal.
Ideal shots are vital shots which is a shot to the Heart/lung area there are other vital shots too like neck or spine but only a seasoned hunter/shooter should consider such shots.
you have to imagine an animal coming at you or walking away from you or crossing your path, Each encounter offers a different angle but sometimes you have to swait for the best shot. I hope this makes sense and I hope this helps answer your question.

Belinda 02-09-2012 08:02 AM

It makes sense to me, thanks, and I get a better vision with that picture shown. I have one more question. What are the most comman, best and easiest ways to attract bucks?

It helps me a lot to speak to someone with regards with the hunting sothat I can get an idea and share it with them sothat they can go more prepared, they are planning on going hunting very soon and I decided to get some background on hunting tips and so on for them and by doing that, I could also learn.

Is there anything particularly they need to know when hunting bucks/deers? e.g. what kind of areas one would most likely find them..

tator 02-09-2012 09:13 AM

During this time of year, throughout most of the country, deer are eating like crazy. They are trying to build up their weight, especially bucks. If hunting is still "legal" in your area this time of year (I doubt it!?!?) then I would hunt food sources. I'm having a hard time believing you're still in a hunting season- maybe I'm wrong, but it's February 9th! Make sure you check your state's game laws- they should have a calendar of when the hunting seasons open and close.

rdrader2002 02-09-2012 07:27 PM

Welcome to the forum from Central Texas!

x2 on what BB and Tator said.

Couple questions back at you -
1) where are you hunting (so we can try to find one of our members to give you pointers)
2) what are you hunting with (rifle-make/caliber?)(bow?)(muzzie?) so we can provide tips on that subject as well

RR

timberghost 02-10-2012 09:42 PM

Welcome to the club Belinda.....BB said it all.

scribe 02-12-2012 09:28 AM

Reading the articles listed to the right of the page is one way to gain knowledge.