Deer Hunting Forums banner

Tinks 69

11K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  timberghost 
#1 ·
What you fellows think of this stuff? I liked the response we got to the code blue thread so i wanted to hear your thoughts on this one.

#3 ·
I have really never had any luck using tinks 69.. the only scent i've ever had any luck with was Harrmons Estrous.. It worked once.. or twice.. how ever ya see it... i put some in every scrap i came to while going to my stand and layed a drag track atleast a half mile.. I saw a buck coming into food plot near one of the big scraps.. But at the same time i seen a coyote coming in on the drag track. needless to say i didnt get a shot on either one... It was very disappointing... ANY ONE EVER USED BUCK BOMBS? I didnt have luck with them either last year...

#4 ·
I have used Tinks 69 many times over the years and I think it's great stuff if used at the right times (Who knows when that is?? lol) but the one time i'll never forget is when I was using on scent pads on my boots and as I headed towards my spot I kept hearing something as I walked and I was waking really slowly but the woods were loud that day (wind, leaves, birds etc. etc. ) All of a sudden I sensed something behind me and as I turned around this 6 pointer got spooked and ran faster than any deer I ever saw run I wanted to shoot but knew I'd just wound it so I didn't,, A couple hundred yards later some guy shot that deer.
I and a few other hunters went to see , one of the other hunters was telling me he saw me heading to my spot, then he saw the deer following me about 75 yards behind me, then he saw the deer run and then he heard the shot too.. That was when I knew the tinks 69 is what he was following. To make a long story short all them guy headed right out to the stores to find Tinks 69 because of what they just witnessed.... but again, I think if it's being used during the peak of the rut, I think it's unbeatable.

Good Luck

#5 ·
i use wildlife reasearch products golden estrus.yesterday i caught one following me.and on the way out something was trailing me spooked the heck out of me.everytime i stopped it stopped id walk it started walking.i threw a rock it ran away and came back i yelled it came back.i was getting ready for something to rush me out of the bushes....weird

#6 ·
I can't really commit to any brand of deer lures. I've used so many different kinds and I've even mixed a few scents here and there. But I do recall a good success rate with Tinks products. I've been using a product from Peterickards.com for a couple years now called "Bucks Gone Wild" and it's been good to me. I also wonder because so many other hunters in my area use Tinks that maybe the deer get used to it and say "man I'm tired of that stuff". But I guess it works in most cases.

#7 ·
one more question of discussion.

If a doe in heat scent is placed out awhile before the rut which do you think would happen?

The buck would run away because he knows it is still not time for the rut.

or

The buck would be curious and move on in anyway just hoping that there is a chance a doe came in heat a 3-4 weeks early.

#8 ·
one more question of discussion.

If a doe in heat scent is placed out awhile before the rut which do you think would happen?

The buck would run away because he knows it is still not time for the rut.

or

The buck would be curious and move on in anyway just hoping that there is a chance a doe came in heat a 3-4 weeks early.
A deer isn't going to be effected by a scent being put out early. It happens internally to deer. It happens when it's supposed to happen. A buck would simply stop and smell it.....and then continue on his way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.