Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/)
-   -   new little Schrade (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/9175-new-little-schrade.html)

Hunting Man 01-17-2012 06:45 PM

new little Schrade

1 Attachment(s)
This is that Schrade I got for $13.77. I just wish I would have gotten to the store before they were down to just one. Should provide a decent deer sized field knife. I really don't need another knife but......:whistling:

DVW 01-17-2012 07:16 PM

Looks nice. Personally I don't worry about having too many knives. It seems that I never have enough. I've made hundreds of them and one year I had to borrow one (that I had made) from my dad because I had given all mine away.

rdrader2002 01-18-2012 06:33 PM

"I really don't need another knife but......"

Is that like sayin' that you really don't need another gun?

Can you really have too many of either knives or guns??

NAHHHH!!!

RR

BruceBruce1959 01-19-2012 06:20 AM

ONLY $ 13.77 ?????? :shocking: HM, you sure manage to find some awesome deals! :w00t:

Hunting Man 01-19-2012 06:29 AM

BB, you know it's hard being a professional. :ph34r: Did I tell you about the bass tracker boat I got off E-bay for $5500.00 just a couple of years ago, kept it for two years and sold it on e-bay for $10,500. I almost passed out watching three guys in a bidding war over a boat that was worth maybe $6000.00. :whistling:Best deal I ever had. Those were the good old days. Today it's a 13.77 knife that made me happy, doesn't take much anymore. :no:

Hunting Man 01-19-2012 06:53 AM

BB, this would have been perfect to distribute to winners of DHC contests. Low cost, Scharde quality and perfect for deer size chores. Maybe a call to Schrade and see if they would donate some knives for air time if BF would approve. I have one weird trait, I like to take a new knife on each hunt. I know, good thing I don't travel as much anymore. I don't know where/when I started this but an unused knife needs something to do I guess. Between my Dad's knives, mine and a couple of my Brother's I'm setting pretty well. Maybe add a couple of new ones here and there..... I'd like to start making handles and installing them on pre-made knives and see how I do. I've got some very nice wood in the garage just waiting to be used!

BruceBruce1959 01-19-2012 07:57 AM

Nice boat profit!! :wink: :wink:
I would think a lot of manufacturers would be more than willing to make freebie donations for contests,
It's great advertising not to mention it's probably the cheapest form of advertising too and the outcome doesn't get any better, I mean,
who bashes something they Won for free in a contest?
Sounds like some real positive word of mouth advertising to me and word of mouth is the best there is...

The knife idea sounds like a fun way to utilize free time, I've been thinking about buying some supplies to give the knife making a try myself, maybe a couple kits to start with.,
the only problem for me is I have no artistic abilities at all :no: and my patience isnt as good as it used to be when attention to detail becomes necessary.

tator 01-19-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunting Man (Post 66653)
I really don't need another knife but......

I can finish that statement for you....

...my wife doesn't have to know that!

tator 01-19-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunting Man (Post 66759)
BB, you know it's hard being a professional. :ph34r: Did I tell you about the bass tracker boat I got off E-bay for $5500.00 just a couple of years ago, kept it for two years and sold it on e-bay for $10,500. I almost passed out watching three guys in a bidding war over a boat that was worth maybe $6000.00. :whistling:Best deal I ever had. Those were the good old days. Today it's a 13.77 knife that made me happy, doesn't take much anymore. :no:

I once bought a trail camera online that I thought was SD compatible, but it was a Stealth Cam that was one of the old ones that took 35mm FILM! Talk about getting expensive, film aint cheap! Bought it for $35 and put it back on Ebay thinking I'd get half that out of it (cause I felt like a sucker) and ended up selling the same cam for $78!!!!! Don't ask me why someone wanted a 35mm Trail Cam that badly. I made sure I put 35mm in the description, heading and all over the auction page too.

Hunting Man 01-19-2012 01:12 PM

gotta love ebay!