Deer Hunting Forums banner

what gets you to your hunting spot

7K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  BoneCollector780 
#1 · (Edited)
what gets you to your hunting area and/or helps you get them deer out? a lot of the time i walk in but always get to where if i cant get my truck to pick up a deer i use my golf cart and there is a area that i hunt that i use my cart to get me to the back fast and quiet.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Sold my Arctic Cats last year. Where I hunt now, I can drive my truck to within 200 yards of any deer I shoot no matter what direction it goes. Besides, I have a lot of young, strong friends and neighbors. :wink:

In trhe past, I have walked, run, stumbled, rode horses, rode ATV's, driven a truck, tractor, golf cart, boat and dirt bike to get to stands or get deer out.

I know this, the more urban you hunt, the better luck you will have driving close to your stand instead of walking. Of the nine deer I killed this year, eight were less than 75-yards from my parked truck. When I rode the ATV, I often parked within 50-yards of my tree. :crazy:

#11 ·
Rubber on the sole of my boots get me in nad out of the woods no matter the distance. If I am fortunate to harvest an animal a little more force is applied to that same rubber and my treestand harness aids in hauling the critter.

One day I would like to go on a hunt in which the travel by horseback and pack train. That would be awesome!

You guys can keep the 4 wheelers:)

#16 ·
I use to have a T frame I welded up out of 1" tubing and welded bicycle front forks to each side on the back. With the bicycle wheels it pulls fairly easy. It started off with a long arm and used to pack my 12' John boat to back waters then was shorten to use as deer drag, and now I shorten alittle bit more and use it for a bank fishing rig, now holds my 120 gal cooler with tubes welded to hold rods straight up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.