Only 5 more days ! - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:33 AM
B&C 140 Class

Default Only 5 more days !

Well it's nearing the end. Only five more days and the ky 2011-2012 season is done. If I don't stick one with my bow in these last few days, this will be the first year I have went deerless in over ten years. I've tagged out every year (4) as long as I can remimber untill last year, but still tagged 3, but son got his first so I'm happy about that. It's my fault on my harvest, with the crazy weather and finding the time to coraspond with the weather I just didn't get out even half as much what I would had normaly hunted. Even now with only 5 days left, we got some nasty rainy weather today n tomorrow then snow with 20 to 30 mph winds, well there's 3 of the 5 I'm not gonna go sit in.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:45 PM
B&C 120 Class

Same here in Illinois, we have the last 3 day doe-only season this weekend, wanted to bowhunt tomorrow but wind down there is supposed to be 20mph with gusts to 35mph and snow. Think I'll pass on that, Thursday nite really cold which would help a bunch but high wind again on Friday morning and increasing thru the day, gonna have to find some bottoms to get down in and hope for the best I guess. Like I always say, doin'that is still WAY better than stayin' home and watching Jerry Springer!!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:59 PM
B&C 140 Class

Our last day is this Sunday, 30 min after sundown. Plan on spending most of the time from Thurs - Sun out in the deer blind trying to make the best of it.

Good luck to all and Good Hunting!!!

RR
Old 01-11-2012, 06:42 PM

got back tonight from PA. Well after one priming pan misfire at a nice doe, I turned down several shots at yearling deer and did not fill my tag for PA this year. The weather was perfect and had a great time as I got to see two old hunting buddies last night from NC. They are hunting till Saturday. In 2.5 days hunting I saw 9 deer, no bucks, several buttons, and 1 nice doe. It was a pretty good feeling passing on the young deer and maybe next year they will be smoke pole tag fillers??
Old 01-11-2012, 08:44 PM
B&C 140 Class

Well I also have passed on several deer, I don't shoot doe with yearling with them and I passed on two small bucks that with as late in the season as it was I would had normal took one but with the boy getting his first this year I couldn't shoot one smaller than his just caz what I would have to Listen to mouth wise wasn't worth it. Lol so I'm hoping this Sat or Sun I get a shot at a nice doe or a buck equal or bigger than my sons, well I don't know I might eat my pride and put a spiker in the freezer now lol
Old 01-12-2012, 10:55 AM
B&C 140 Class

OTF - had to listen to my son for over a year after he got his "big one", but that was okay. I know that he now enjoys the sport and can pass it off to his children some day. I just hope that I'm still around to get the phone call, or even better, be there to watch when the grandchildren get their first . . .

RR
Old 02-15-2012, 12:34 AM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_fly View Post
Well it's nearing the end. Only five more days and the ky 2011-2012 season is done. If I don't stick one with my bow in these last few days, this will be the first year I have went deerless in over ten years. I've tagged out every year (4) as long as I can remimber untill last year, but still tagged 3, but son got his first so I'm happy about that. It's my fault on my harvest, with the crazy weather and finding the time to coraspond with the weather I just didn't get out even half as much what I would had normaly hunted. Even now with only 5 days left, we got some nasty rainy weather today n tomorrow then snow with 20 to 30 mph winds, well there's 3 of the 5 I'm not gonna go sit in.
Just make the best of it man you gotta do what you gotta do!

Where do you usually hunt?