Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/)
-   -   New to Site and Hunting-cbloom87 (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/908-new-site-hunting-cbloom87.html)

cbloom87 11-01-2007 12:54 AM

New to Site and Hunting-cbloom87

Just wanted to make my first post by saying hi to everyone. I'm a 20 year old male from southwestern Ohio. I have a girlfriend of almost 8 months and no children. To be quite honest just got through my hunter safety course this year. So needless to say I'm about to start what I hope is many great years of hunting experiences. Also just bought a new shotgun for the upcoming season. Ended up settling on a Remington 870 Express Mag, with the 26" vented rib barrel and the 20" rifled slug barrel with rifle sights. Figured the combo would be great for both deer hunting and the clay target shooting that I LOVE to do whenever time, money, and the lady allow. I'm lacking gear for the upcoming season and have no money after buying the gun so any tips that are cost cutters but yet just as effective are always appreciated. Feel free to reach me at cbloom87@gmail.com anytime. Although I'm new to hunting I'm not new to shooting and love any kind of talk about hunting/shooting/fishing/anything to do with the outdoors. From the posts that I've seen in the forums so far I'd like to just go ahead and thank everyone that posts for being very kind, generous, and helpful. Well that'll be it for now, I'm going to browse around and see what I can do to make my first deer shotgun season a memorable one. Any emails about shotgun deer hunting are MORE than welcome. Just a shotgun kinda guy I guess. lol.

thundergod 11-01-2007 07:24 AM

got the same setup 870. got a really tight choke for turkeys and a scope on a low weaver sidemount. Of course just after I got it they changed my area back to rifle but still use it elsewhere. Its a good gun, pretty accurate and reliable... The olny problem I have is the the cuff of my cammo suit gets caught in the pump slide if I'm not careful. Mine is now four years old and has taken eight turkeys and five deer.

buckfever 11-01-2007 08:50 AM

welcome to the club. glad to have you with us on your first year of deer hunting. we got some shotgun hunters on here so maybe they can help you out on the questions you have. any questions besides shotgun ones, maybe i can help you out on. in tennessee we get to use muzzleloaders and guns. thanks for joining up and good luck hunting this year.

timberghost 11-01-2007 08:37 PM

What's up cbloom87, welcome to the forum, this place is a blast. There's alot of saavy hunters aboard this forum and will definitely provide the help you need in getting started.

Whitetail_ENT 11-01-2007 08:56 PM

Welcome fellow buckeye stater! Glad to have you here. I started out as only a shotgunner but when I wanted more time in the woods I picked up a bow. When that happens to you, don't fight it, just embrace it!!!!

Sounds like you got a great setup with your gun! Do you plan on doing any rabbit hunting this Saturday(opening day)?

Where about in SW Ohio do you live? I live in the SE part of Central Ohio. Good luck this season, I hope it is a safe and succesful one.

BruceBruce1959 11-02-2007 05:28 AM

greetings from Vermont.. Glad to have you with us...