Deer Hunting Forums banner

Acorns

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Hellbilly 
#1 ·
I live in an area where acorns are scarce. I have read that Acorns are a great winter food for the deer. We can get as much as 4 feet of snow in the woods which makes it hard on the deer and adds to road kill. Our hunting season has ended and I would like to put out some acorns for the deer. I like to keep up to date on the heard and have collected many pictures. Is there anyone interested in bagging some white oak acorns and I will gladly pay you for them. I realize it is a little late for this year but I didn't want to post before the season ended in fear someone would think I was baiting the deer. I am in New York so the longer the drive the larger the quantity would have to be. I would purchase hundreds of pounds if possible.

See less See more
#2 ·
Buy corn. Probably work better for you. Might try hay as well. the acorns are not that much of an advantage under the condition you describe. be better off going with a food they are more familiar with for greater utilization. Fair chance they won't even eat an acorn from another area and handled by a human.

Best bet is to check with your local area biologist and see what he reccomends. Also make sure it is legal to feed deer and if it is even neccessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.