Acorn Rage Drop-N-Block - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Scrub Buck

Default Acorn Rage Drop-N-Block

has anyone tried it because i bought one and some people say it works i need help from the experts
Old 12-17-2011, 06:01 PM
B&C 120 Class

I'm not an expert but I will try and help. Quit thinking you can buy success when it comes to deer and deer hunting. There aint to magic potion or gimmick. No matter what bait you use, once you start killing deer over it, they quit coming.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Scrub Buck

im mainly doing it to see them i hunt food plots not my woods i shot my 12 guage and my neighbors called the cops
Old 12-17-2011, 08:09 PM
B&C 140 Class

"No matter what bait you use, once you start killing deer over it, they quit coming."

I only have one "safe" place to shoot on my 15 acres of property due to the placement of my neighbors' homes around and behind my place. Texas allows baiting, so I toss out a small bucket of corn periodically then head out to my deer blind and wait. I've had no problems getting a second, or even a third deer in the same place.

Deer are ornery critters and definitely have a mind of their own. What you think will draw them in - might not. When you think they will arrive - they don't. You have to figure out what works for your neck of the woods over a period of time, meaning a couple of seasons or more. I've been hunting here for over a decade and know what works here.

Don't have a clue what will work a county or two over as the deer there are going to be different. Have patience. Yes, putting one in the freezer is nice, so's the adrenaline rush of having a nice buck show up, but spending time in the woods alone or with one of your kin (preferably one of your kids) is just as relaxing.

My $.02 worth on this subject.

RR
Old 12-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Scrub Buck

my son bow hunts it and hes 15 i take my 2 year old to watch deer so can you tell me what happended cuz the deer wont come to corn here anymore they did foe like a week now nothing what do i do about that can you help me fix it i hear vanilla or peanut butter works does it cuz if so i will try it
Old 12-18-2011, 12:42 AM
B&C 140 Class

peanut butter is a cheap easy bait, i used it a few years and had a lot of travel on trail cam to them. i took the peanut butter lid off and screwed it to the trees about 4 1/2 foot off the ground, then all you need to do is before you screw the peanut butter jar back on the lid that is screwed to the tree, cut the bottom of the jar off os the deer can lick/ eat from it, being able to screw the jars off the tree makes changing them easy and does not do any more harm to the tree, ( i carried a box cutter to remove the bottoms with) cut the bottom off the neww....unscrew the old....screw on the new ...... n done