Deer Hunting Forums banner

quirks

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  timberghost 
#1 ·
What are some of the ritualistic things (quirks if you will)or the things you think most hunters would view as inconsequential when getting ready for the hunting day.

At least the quirks you don't mind mentioning.

I have a special seat cover that I wash in scent killer and place over my vans seat the night before the hunt so I am not sitting on the same surface I sit on everyday going and coming from work. etc

#2 ·
I hunt almost entirely in tennis shoes until it gets below 30. Actually, they are Tru Balance mountain hikers but all they are, are tennis shoes with higher tops. So I always put the left one on first and if I can tie it without having to comeup for air, I know it is ghoing to be a good hunt.

#6 ·
I have several. Here are 3 worth mentioning

-I have experimented with vanilla extract as a scent while hunting, I have seen more big bucks and does while using that than anything else. Not saying it is the bomb, but I am more than convinced it helps.

-I wash my boot soles with scent killer soap and water before going into the woods and only wear my boots into the woods and back. I take them off and put on my $10.00 Walmart camo slip on rubber shoes.

-I live on 5 hour energies during the day. 1 in the morning, 1 at lunch, and if I so choose, another in the mid afternoon. You can't kill a deer if you are snoring in a treestand.

#7 · (Edited)
gotta wear one of my two lucky ball caps one is justa plain ole camo hat I shot my first deer with
The second Yes it is the DHC ball cap I actually shot my last 3 deer with

ok I just thought of something when you mentioned 5 hour energy & scared myself
think of TG in the woods JACKED UP on red bull
I think I just wet myself

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.