Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/)
-   -   Deer Takes Down Hunter (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/8908-deer-takes-down-hunter.html)

billjames 12-07-2011 02:44 PM

Deer Takes Down Hunter

It's getting harder out there every day folks.

Quote:

ALBION, Ind. -- A northeastern Indiana hunter has died after struggling with a buck he had just shot.

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources says 62-year-old Paul Smith of Fort Wayne died Monday during a deer reduction hunt at Chain O'Lakes State Park about 20 miles northwest of the city. It says the Noble County coroner says the death was due to a lacerated liver, possibly suffered during the struggle. ...Full Story

thomasmgp 12-07-2011 04:33 PM

This is why I always carry my H&K .40 when I hunt on my side. I also have an old remmington 870 20 gauge pump youth model that I sawed off, took the plug out, and keep loaded with 5 rounds of buckshot that I carry in my hands when I go to my stands and come out. Any deer that even twitches gets a load at point blank. Im not having a 150 pound animal come to on the back of my 4wheeler.

I am just gonna come out and say it. Any hunter that doesnt carry either a sidearm or a shotgun with them when they hunt is just stupid. I have shot rattle snakes, bobcats, coyotes, and anything else that might send me to the hospital when going in and out of the woods. Even if you never need it to defend yourself at least putting another round from a pistol or shotgun in a deer will make sure he/she doesnt run off while you go get your 4-wheeler or truck to haul it out.

bigevil1 12-07-2011 05:50 PM

if the deer was as alert as the article states he should not have been anywhere near it. was he bow or firearm hunting? i dont know the letter of the law now but in MO we were not allowed to carry a firearm while bow hunting. and if someone is rifle hunting why would they need to carry 3 different firearms? that shotgun you carry would be illegal to carry during deer season anyway in MO. sad news in the hunting world.

delbert 12-07-2011 06:12 PM

:whistling::wallbash:OOh this not good

thomasmgp 12-07-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigevil1 (Post 64476)
and if someone is rifle hunting why would they need to carry 3 different firearms? that shotgun you carry would be illegal to carry during deer season anyway in MO

Try shooting a charging wild hog with a rifle lemme know how it turns out.

Hunting Man 12-07-2011 07:47 PM

no I'm not liken where this thread is going either. I think we're done here.

bigevil1 12-08-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomasmgp (Post 64484)
Try shooting a charging wild hog with a rifle lemme know how it turns out.

i thought we were talkin about deer hunting:confused:

Hunting Man 12-08-2011 05:19 AM

turned out to be lions, tigers and bears, oh my! :sadbanana: