Deer Hunting Forums banner

This years successes

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  spiker 
#1 ·
I wanted to say thumbs up to all so far who have found success and filled tags this year. Some of you have fostered great tradition by teaching your kids or helping a buddy claim their first one! It is a pleasure to moderate here at DHC when I can read/ share in your moments. I knew going into this fall that it was going to be a challange for me as health has not been too great. I got to bow hunt PA, gun hunt S, Ohio and will have one more oppertunity to fill a tag with a ML either flintlock PA, S.Ohio in-line in January. Either way I'm still hunting and fishing and will continue to hopefully share some more forum posts down the road. To those still out filling tags good luck and I hope all here have safe and Happy Holidays! :yes:

#2 ·
Yeah good luck our muzzle loader here in my starts this coming Sat (12-10-11) and runs till 12-18-11, so I got 8 days to put one on the board with a gun, I been so focused on what days I have went for my boy to get one, I keep putting my tags aside. He got the one in gun season and since then we have been trying to put him in bow range with his bow. I screw around to much and season will be over. I think last is Jan 14th for bow but after this week of black powder, that's it for any kind of gun in KY for an adult. I say that because kY always runs a free youth gun weekend the last weekend of December. That's a completely free for youth no need for licance or tags or any thing but have to fallow laws and harvest limits.

#4 ·
:thumbup: This year would have been a success for me if I had not killed a single deer. To kill eight so far is unbelieveable. Last year I hunted 45 minutes. I did kill a deer but it was ostly accident. A friend took me and helped into a shooting house. I was so weak, I had to have the rifle on a board for a rest. The year before I did not hunt at all and the year before that I spent most of the season in the hospital.

So I am one happy and thankfull hunter. My wife, all the doctors and almost me thought my hunting days...in fact, any days, were over. I guess what they say is true. I must be one tough s.o.b. I know I sure and thankfull to see any sunrise and be upright.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.