Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/)
-   -   What scent control clothes do you where? (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/8817-what-scent-control-clothes-do-you-where.html)

FurrowOutdoors 11-29-2011 07:12 AM

What scent control clothes do you where?

There are so many different scent control companies out there right now, which company do you like the most?

tator 11-29-2011 09:21 AM

I buy what I want then wash in scent control and spray down in scent control. That way I'm not spending TONS of money for the clothing.. I just do it myself.

BruceBruce1959 11-29-2011 09:32 AM

I do it the same way as Tator, I buy any sort of hunting clothes but I always use special detergents and sprays to help eliminate scents/odors.

The "special" scent control clothing to me is gimmicky and over priced, I have too many other ways to spend my money rather than waste it unnecessarily.

on_the_fly 11-29-2011 09:40 AM

I'm X3 on that too.. Plan jane camo and scent free detergent and field sprays. :thumbup:

VolHunter 11-29-2011 09:41 AM

I agree with tator and BB, I'm not buying camo that is that expensive. I buy the scent killer soap/shampoo and detergent and wash my clothes.

scribe 11-29-2011 10:48 AM

I wear the same clothes I was wearing before all that came out. I use no commercial "scent killer". I realized many years ago it can't be done. You can't eliminate human odor. I hunt in tennis shoes in warm weather and to my knowledge, have never had a deer spook at where I put my feet.

I wash my clothes in Tide Free-it contains no scents or dyes. I air/sun dry them outdoors. I use my tennys only for hunting and wading creeks for smallmouth and they too get a regular washing and air drying. I shower before I go to the woods and wear no deodorant of any kind.

AND I PLAY THE WIND!

The cost is minimal and I seldom get blown out.

tator 11-29-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scribe (Post 63647)
I wear the same clothes I was wearing before all that came out. I use no commercial "scent killer". I realized many years ago it can't be done. You can't eliminate human odor. I hunt in tennis shoes in warm weather and to my knowledge, have never had a deer spook at where I put my feet.

To each his own...

scribe 11-29-2011 11:53 AM

Yep-works for me. Twice this year, both times in tennys, I killed two deer less than 30 seconds apart, once during bow season, once with a rifle. Both times they walked in right behind me. I figger if'n it aint broke, why pay to have it fixed.

Bone Collector 11-29-2011 11:58 AM

I agree with tator, I buy the camo I want and use wildlife research spray before I walk to my stand. I also use detergent and store everything in the basement in containers until I'm ready to use them. I guess it's just according to what kind of area you hunt and wether or not you plan on havin close encounters with deer!

tator 11-29-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scribe (Post 63655)
I figger if'n it aint broke, why pay to have it fixed.

and I figure if my method isn't broke, why fix it? lol