Does anyone get in trouble???? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Does anyone get in trouble????

By wives, girlfriends, etc. when hunting season rolls around and were all in the woods 24/7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2007, 11:57 PM
B&C 100 Class

The girlfriend doesnt like me being away but my wife dont care No really i not married... She understands that i need hunting season so i dont go insane.. But she's a great woman...One of a kind!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:31 AM

naw i got a good wife. she dont care about the time in the woods. she cares more for when im at home and on the computer and i ignore her when she talks.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 AM
B&C 100 Class

yea my girlfriend gets mad when i am always in the woods, but shes gotten used to it and ive even gotten her out there a few times. She said she likes being out there but wouldnt shoot anything lol. and wont go without the propane heater. But i got her to shoot clays with me. So shes coming around. She has a younger brother who im trying to get into the sport, we are gonna buy him some camo this year for christmas maybe. I got the kid to love fishing though.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Banned

I find they are much more understanding when you sit down with them and explain to them "important" dates such as openers and theorized peak rut times. Also, it helps if there is an understanding of how much time you'll be away, but when you are home, it helps to try to make those times more worthwhile.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:21 AM
B&C 100 Class

Only reason she more understanding is cause she's tired of hearing you try to explain it.....lol
Old 10-30-2007, 05:44 AM

My girlfriend is the best not only does she encourage my hunting and fishing adventures but she always asks if I'd like her to make breakfast before heading in,,, even if I have friends over it's never a problem to her, whether it's just one friend or 3 or 4, she's happy to just make more so everyone can eat a good breakfast. ALSO when hunting season rolls around she likes making her home made Donuts so we always got something to snack on with our coffee.....
Think I found the right one??? she also enjoys cooking and eating venison too... Thank you lord, thank you, thank you, thank you... .

Old 10-30-2007, 07:47 AM

Hey Bruce, do you think she'll mind if the entire forum comes over for a homestyle breakfast and homemade donuts? LOL. You are without a doubt the LUCKIEST MAN ON THE PLANET. Make sure you tell your girlfriend that. Here's my version of my hunting season. If I shower with regular soap, "why are you using that smelly stuff aren't you planning on hunting tomorrow?" If I come home empty handed, "did you even go hunting today?" This one here is the best right here, "I never, ever heard of anybody hunting from sunup to sundown." Other than that she's cool.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:34 AM

Yes, I think I am a very lucky man.... and I thank God often... and if i asked her if the entire forum could come for breakfast and Donuts I think all she'd say is, where we going to seat everyone???

I wish our wives/girlfriends could spend time together.. I think It would show them that they all go through the same things with us guys....
My girlfriend and I are now considering trading in our 2005 24' Pontoon boat for a Camper with a toy hauler (for the ATV's) that way Phillip and I can travel to different places/other states to hunt and She can come along to enjoy the travels too.. She LOVES the idea... Yep I am blessed...

Old 10-30-2007, 06:17 PM
B&C 180 Class

my wife knows if i dont get out in the woods ill wind up on the six o clock news.....
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky