Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/)
-   -   Does anyone get in trouble???? (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/880-does-anyone-get-trouble.html)

timberghost 10-28-2007 10:30 PM

Does anyone get in trouble????

By wives, girlfriends, etc. when hunting season rolls around and were all in the woods 24/7.

alabama deer hunting fool 10-28-2007 11:57 PM

The girlfriend doesnt like me being away but my wife dont care:biggrin: No really i not married... She understands that i need hunting season so i dont go insane.. But she's a great woman...One of a kind!

buckfever 10-29-2007 09:31 AM

naw i got a good wife. she dont care about the time in the woods. she cares more for when im at home and on the computer and i ignore her when she talks.

burgerking 10-29-2007 11:44 AM

yea my girlfriend gets mad when i am always in the woods, but shes gotten used to it and ive even gotten her out there a few times. She said she likes being out there but wouldnt shoot anything lol. and wont go without the propane heater. But i got her to shoot clays with me. So shes coming around. She has a younger brother who im trying to get into the sport, we are gonna buy him some camo this year for christmas maybe. I got the kid to love fishing though.

Whitetail_ENT 10-29-2007 11:59 AM

I find they are much more understanding when you sit down with them and explain to them "important" dates such as openers and theorized peak rut times. Also, it helps if there is an understanding of how much time you'll be away, but when you are home, it helps to try to make those times more worthwhile.

alabama deer hunting fool 10-30-2007 12:21 AM

Only reason she more understanding is cause she's tired of hearing you try to explain it.....lol:lol:

BruceBruce1959 10-30-2007 05:44 AM

My girlfriend is the best not only does she encourage my hunting and fishing adventures but she always asks if I'd like her to make breakfast before heading in,,, even if I have friends over it's never a problem to her, whether it's just one friend or 3 or 4, she's happy to just make more so everyone can eat a good breakfast. ALSO when hunting season rolls around she likes making her home made Donuts so we always got something to snack on with our coffee.....
Think I found the right one??? she also enjoys cooking and eating venison too... Thank you lord, thank you, thank you, thank you... :biggrin:.

timberghost 10-30-2007 07:47 AM

Hey Bruce, do you think she'll mind if the entire forum comes over for a homestyle breakfast and homemade donuts? LOL. You are without a doubt the LUCKIEST MAN ON THE PLANET. Make sure you tell your girlfriend that. Here's my version of my hunting season. If I shower with regular soap, "why are you using that smelly stuff aren't you planning on hunting tomorrow?" If I come home empty handed, "did you even go hunting today?" This one here is the best right here, "I never, ever heard of anybody hunting from sunup to sundown." Other than that she's cool.

BruceBruce1959 10-30-2007 10:34 AM

Yes, I think I am a very lucky man.... and I thank God often... and if i asked her if the entire forum could come for breakfast and Donuts I think all she'd say is, where we going to seat everyone???

I wish our wives/girlfriends could spend time together.. I think It would show them that they all go through the same things with us guys....
My girlfriend and I are now considering trading in our 2005 24' Pontoon boat for a Camper with a toy hauler (for the ATV's) that way Phillip and I can travel to different places/other states to hunt and She can come along to enjoy the travels too.. She LOVES the idea... Yep I am blessed...
:yes:

joel the signman 10-30-2007 06:17 PM

my wife knows if i dont get out in the woods ill wind up on the six o clock news.....:surprised: