Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/)
-   -   whats a good time (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/8692-whats-good-time.html)

mountainman3 11-15-2011 04:59 PM

whats a good time
 
Hi fellow hunter and sister hunters, i was wondering whats a good time to come down from my stand? I have a climber. I am scared that i will run into deer if it's dark and whats a good time for morning:crybaby:

bigevil1 11-15-2011 05:15 PM

i get out after its completely dark. in it usually b4 daybreak. i do take an afternoon break though.

mountainman3 11-15-2011 05:32 PM

thanks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigevil1 (Post 62797)
i get out after its completely dark. in it usually b4 daybreak. i do take an afternoon break though.

thanks sir.

mountainman3 11-15-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman3 (Post 62799)
thanks sir.

do you use a climber, what do you bring in with you water knife etc? I don't want to add to much the climber weights 25 alone

on_the_fly 11-15-2011 06:24 PM

If your hunting the same tree just leave it hooked to the base of it instead of packing it in and out each time. if on private land or you trust the area your hunting that's what I do if I use my climber, not much sence packing it in an out for no reason if you don't need to.

mountainman3 11-15-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by on_the_fly (Post 62805)
If your hunting the same tree just leave it hooked to the base of it instead of packing it in and out each time. if on private land or you trust the area your hunting that's what I do if I use my climber, not much sence packing it in an out for no reason if you don't need to.

Well thanks for in put, but i bought the climber because my permanent ones keep getting stolen. Different areas to they were chained to big trees some of these crook are not hunt for deer. four areas two stands gone so i decided to get a climber, but thanks again. :sad:

buckfever 11-15-2011 08:16 PM

That stinks getting your stands stolen. I think you will find the climber to be more comfortable though.

I have a little bag.. this one---> http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/hunti...l-pack-review/

I usually throw a water bottle, snacks and my gut knife in that bag. My calls and spare ammo are usually in my pockets. Before I climb my tree I attach my bag to my top rack of my stand.

As far as what time I get in the woods and leave. I like to get there early but am usually running behind and make it right before daylight. In the evening I hunt until I cannot shoot anymore. I have a head lamp I use to come down out of my tree so I can see everything.

Use a harness. You dont want your stand to slip or something and go a falling!

timberghost 11-15-2011 08:53 PM

Sometimes I run into deer going in and coming out. But they usually come back the next day anyway. I use a 21lb Summit Viper. In the morning I go in 1 hr early before sunup so I am all set and cozied in when 1st light appears. In the evenig I will wait until the visibility is 0.

tator 11-16-2011 09:19 AM

I try to always get into my stand 1 hour before sun-up. Legal shooting time in Missouri starts 30 min before sun-up so that gives me 30 min to get situated and as silent as I can.
Coming out, I usually come out right when shooting light has faded and I can't see through my sights whether rifle or bow. Now, I do this as quietly as I can and I make sure there are no deer around before I exit. But I don't wait until it's completely dark.

mountainman3 11-16-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tator (Post 62857)
I try to always get into my stand 1 hour before sun-up. Legal shooting time in Missouri starts 30 min before sun-up so that gives me 30 min to get situated and as silent as I can.
Coming out, I usually come out right when shooting light has faded and I can't see through my sights whether rifle or bow. Now, I do this as quietly as I can and I make sure there are no deer around before I exit. But I don't wait until it's completely dark.

wow thanks, i am new to this stuff and 59 years old. i am not in the greatest shape but DR. etc. want me to loose weight i can't do a hang-on but i have been practicing it's a lot safer you know what i mean:thumbup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.



LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC8