good range day - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2011, 12:42 PM

Default good range day

Well its raining out but hit the 70yd covered range as time is limited for me before the S. Ohio gun season hits. First on the list was the TC Omega, well all problems have been resolved! Whatever the factory did and my going up on bullet weight did the trick as it shot very well using Barnes 290 gr TMZ bullets and 100 gr BH. Next was the TC Triumph, what an accurate rifle it is, touching holes at 70 yds using 100 gr of BH powder and 250 gr TC bonded bullets and Remington 209 ML primers. Next up the TC Firehawk. I wasn't sure I'd fire it as my son shoots 777 and all I had was BH however, much to my surprise, the BH shot perfect no scope changes were necessary! Finally, and to great surprise, my Rem 870 shoots like a rifle. I used some Breneke rifle slugs to get on paper then fired the 3" Remington Premier copper solid sabot loads and holy cow is this thing accurate. It truly will be a question which firearm I will be using. At the 70 yd range the Triumph won out, but the 870 was right up there with 1.5" impressive group. A buddy of my son needs a firearm so he will get one of the above with the son shooting the Firehawk. Me, who knows? All in all things went very well, just have to clean everything before work tonight.