Poacher - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:15 PM
B&C 100 Class

in NM they confiscate your firearm, your vehicle and anything else used to poach that you have. Poaching is definitley down here. My buddies son is a game warden. they dont mess around here.

Hopefully he will have the book thrown at him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2011, 04:04 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
Here's a hypothetical for you....

Imagine for the past 3 years you've been watching this special buck take shape and form on your property. This is the year for this big boy to be taken by you because you've worked hard on your food plots and making sure everything is just right. All summer long you've been seeing this same very buck on your trail cams and you've been hunting him hard for the past month or so with your bow in hopes that you'll get him. Then low and behold, you hear about this monster buck getting killed by a poacher and to top it off, you find out it was on the LAND YOU HUNT ON.... your heart sinks..... your rage increases though.... and you are hoping it's not the same buck.... then you see the pic.....

How mad are you right now?

My heart just broke reading that, like it was me that had done all that work with nothing to show for it!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 10:11 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default A story about a Poacher that will make you smile

A few years back my dad and I were hunting our 70+ acres and we heard a shot from across the road on the 300 acres we leased. We got out of the stand and hauled butt to the road going into the property. We went sneaking in and heard a voice talking on a cell phone. Mine went off at that moment and the voice stopped. We sat around for a few, but never heard anything else. We decided to drive off and circle around the property....

On our second round we saw a wrecked vehicle and blue lights coming up. Turns out the guy had freaked, loaded up his deer, and tried to haul butt out of the property. He lost control where the the gravel met the payment and rolled his truck. He suffered minor injuries....until the cops got there.....

In his haste he had forgotten to put the tag on his deer and forgot he had an unregistered/unpermitted loaded pistol in his truck right next to open beer cans. After we told the cops that he had poached the deer and showing them the tire tracks from the property they confiscated the deer, his deer rifle, his pistol, and his truck. Cited him for unregistered handgun, open container, possession of loaded weapon while drinking, tresspassing, illegally harvesting wildlife, wreckless driving, and DUI.

Though he did get off some of the charges, he lost his license for a year or two, both weapons, truck, and paid several thousand in attorney fees and court costs.....all for a lil scrub 6pt.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:23 AM
B&C 180 Class

I'd hate to know what I'd do if I ever caught someone on the property I hunt. Now, granted, I wouldn't haul off and shot them in the knee or anything... but they'd have a heck of a chase on their hands. Ever been chased by an angery 280 pound 6'3" man? no jokes please....
Old 10-26-2011, 10:49 AM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolHunter View Post
A few years back my dad and I were hunting our 70+ acres and we heard a shot from across the road on the 300 acres we leased. We got out of the stand and hauled butt to the road going into the property. We went sneaking in and heard a voice talking on a cell phone. Mine went off at that moment and the voice stopped. We sat around for a few, but never heard anything else. We decided to drive off and circle around the property....

On our second round we saw a wrecked vehicle and blue lights coming up. Turns out the guy had freaked, loaded up his deer, and tried to haul butt out of the property. He lost control where the the gravel met the payment and rolled his truck. He suffered minor injuries....until the cops got there.....

In his haste he had forgotten to put the tag on his deer and forgot he had an unregistered/unpermitted loaded pistol in his truck right next to open beer cans. After we told the cops that he had poached the deer and showing them the tire tracks from the property they confiscated the deer, his deer rifle, his pistol, and his truck. Cited him for unregistered handgun, open container, possession of loaded weapon while drinking, tresspassing, illegally harvesting wildlife, wreckless driving, and DUI.

Though he did get off some of the charges, he lost his license for a year or two, both weapons, truck, and paid several thousand in attorney fees and court costs.....all for a lil scrub 6pt.
Although I'm sorry you had that kind of trouble on your lease, I will say I'm very pleased to hear of the final outcome. Also, it sounds to me like you're likely glad now your phone rang when it did too...lol.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:06 AM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
I'd hate to know what I'd do if I ever caught someone on the property I hunt. Now, granted, I wouldn't haul off and shot them in the knee or anything... but they'd have a heck of a chase on their hands. Ever been chased by an angery 280 pound 6'3" man? no jokes please....
through an open window by a jealous husband? Oh, you said no jokes. my bad.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:16 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
through an open window by a jealous husband? Oh, you said no jokes. my bad.

lol!!! now that's funny!

on a side note, I did google that Darner guy and WOW!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:47 PM
B&C 100 Class

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner View Post
Although I'm sorry you had that kind of trouble on your lease, I will say I'm very pleased to hear of the final outcome. Also, it sounds to me like you're likely glad now your phone rang when it did too...lol.

Yeah I was kicking myself at the time, but hindsight is 20/20
Old 10-26-2011, 05:33 PM
B&C 160 Class

I heard they took his truck all of his fire arms two years in jail no hunting lic for 10 years [not that he needs one ] $15,000 fine
i bet he wont poach during the next 2 years