| | trying to decide
The early Kentucky M/L season came and went with no sightings of the big bucks on our trail cam pics. The rifle season starts on 12 November and will start during, or just before the peak of the rut in this area. They finally cut the 100 last acres of standing corn which was directly adjacent to our 250 acres. There is still a couple hundred acres of standing soybeans close by, but at least we don't have that da*n corn standing where the bucks can hide out 24/7.
We set two more stands, one in a new location with lots of recent sign and in what should be an excellent spot. There were already a couple of scrapes close by the new stand location. My dilemma is this; I want to make a couple of "fake" scrapes near by in an effort to have the bucks perhaps move to them vs the ones that are really close to the new stand.
Would it be wise to do that soon, like now before they start actually using the ones already present (simple pawing only) or to wait until say 4-5 days before the opener to make some additional scrapes?