Deer Hunting Forums banner

Hunting License question for Ohio

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  buckfever 
G
#1 ·
I had a question real quick i went and got my hunting license and after i had already been out hunting i was told by someone that i needed to do the hunter safety course. I was wondering since im 22 and i already have my license do i still need to do the hunter safety course? I love in ohio by the way. Please let me know.

#2 ·
Pretty sure you should not have been granted your license until you passed the safety course. However, now that you have the license I don't see where you have to do anything, their mistake! You may want to do the course anyway as they are pretty good starting points for hunters. If you are worried about legal matters give the DNR a call and ask them.

#3 ·
I would recommend taking the course anyways. I didn't take it until I was around 23 or 24 and there was alot I didn't know. I didn't take it b/c I always hunted... in ..other.... ways. ... yeah. Not "illegally" but .... I'm done now.

#4 ·
In TN you can also buy a license without completing the course.. I think if you happened to get caught it was a fine of $20 or so..

I had tagged deer for several years without mine on record. Nothing was ever said to me. With that being said though it would be crazy to take the chance and end up getting hit with a large fine or losing your firearm or something. Ohio probably has stricter rules than TN.

Take the course. You can do it online im sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.