Anyone else struggling to get ready? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:13 PM
B&C 120 Class

Default Anyone else struggling to get ready?

I though last year I had a hard time prepping for deer seasons and this year is harder. I am finding it harder and harder to get anything done around the house with two young kids and a dog. I haven't shot my bow yet nor had time to gather clothes and supplies to take inventory. Its driving me crazy but family comes first for us and that cannot be compromised. Anyone else in this boat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2011, 02:27 PM
B&C 140 Class

TTH
It's a big boat and we're all in it to some extent but you got your priorities correct. It's great to see family pop up to the top for a change.
daddus
Old 10-03-2011, 03:18 PM
B&C 140 Class

Sounds like I'm in that boat too! I have two little boys that seem to require constant attention until bedtime. This year I got some outdoor lighting from lowes that allows me to do my yard/outdoor stuff after they go to bed though. Also have a lit up archery range in the back yard. Not the most convenient time for shooting, but from 9 until whenever at night is all the time I have for that stuff during the week.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:49 PM

Yep.. A lot of us are in that time frame of "married with children". My wife doesnt work either so whenever we want extra cash its overtime for me to get it done. My goal is now to give up on bow hunting and focus on getting everything done so I can work zero overtime and spend most of ML and Rifle in the woods. I saved some vacation time for this as well. (and a couple of call offs as well prob)

I will be spending a lot of days in the woods during late Nov and Dec.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:14 PM
B&C 100 Class

Not to rub it in but my last baby boy went off to college last year. I am so prepared I don't know how to act.

I loved having all six of the kids at home, but having them grown is good too.

I am now on a lease in Texas and I drew a ML tag in NM.

I am chomping at the bit ready to go.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
Not to rub it in but my last baby boy went off to college last year. I am so prepared I don't know how to act.

I loved having all six of the kids at home, but having them grown is good too.

I am now on a lease in Texas and I drew a ML tag in NM.

I am chomping at the bit ready to go.
A little salt in the wound! THANKS!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:05 PM

Well, son got a nice invite for us to stay at a previous manager boss's home in S. Ohio and to hunt his 260a property for shotgun opening week. You can't get better than that. I guess I'm headed to PA for 9 days archery rut hunting then down south for a few days then back down southern Ohio for ml late season. Just have to get things down from the garage attic and start the de-scenting process. Pulled the stands out and started adding some camo touch-up. Gotta get to the range though.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 AM
B&C 120 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexj View Post
Sounds like I'm in that boat too! I have two little boys that seem to require constant attention until bedtime. This year I got some outdoor lighting from lowes that allows me to do my yard/outdoor stuff after they go to bed though. Also have a lit up archery range in the back yard. Not the most convenient time for shooting, but from 9 until whenever at night is all the time I have for that stuff during the week.
Great idea flexj, I may just have to implement this next year. Not ideal but may be the only way to get it done.

Buckfever - I really dont want to give up bowhunting but may have to put that on the table also.

Mothing beats opening the front door after work and having an almost one year old knock you over cause shes so excited you're home!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:07 AM
B&C 140 Class

Headed to Delaware for the opening of deer season (muzzleloader) this Friday,
Can't wait, I actually made time to get ready. Time to see what Barnes 209s can do!
daddus
Old 10-04-2011, 08:16 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetohunt View Post
Great idea flexj, I may just have to implement this next year. Not ideal but may be the only way to get it done.

Buckfever - I really dont want to give up bowhunting but may have to put that on the table also.

Mothing beats opening the front door after work and having an almost one year old knock you over cause shes so excited you're home!
I sometimes miss the feeling of that last line of your post, but now that my last two are a senior and sophomore in high school I do have a little bit more time on my hands. The sophomore has already zeroed his rifle (my .30/30) and then my senior asked me when I was going to take her out to spend some time on the range (back yard).

Am going to have my hands full over the next couple of weeks finishing getting ready for hunting season to open on the 5th of November.

RR