Land owner's tags - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:09 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolHunter View Post
I rarely ever buy my license since my family has about 80 acres. All you have to do is go down to the courthouse in your county and get your parcel number, landowner name, relationship, and sign the form.

To those of you in TN, it has been thrown around by TWRA that if they don't get another license increase soon then they may take away the free landowner permits.

And to address the anger about large landowners in NM, do you have high fencing operations out there? Also, isn't NM one of the states that you can actually purchase the wildlife that is on your property? I think there is an acre requirement, but I know in some states a large-scale landowner can buy the wildlife (certain $ amount per animal) and then manage them as they want.

There is some high fencing but not common. As far as I know the land owners cannot buy the animals on their property. If they could they wouldnt be getting the tags from the state and then reselling. I think I see where you are going with this, but the point is they are making their living off of state owned animals.

In next years legislature there is supposed to be discussion on this problem.

I think a better soulution would be to give half the tags free to the landowner in return for the other half being issued to the public. The public would then be granted a right to tresspass. If the landowner wouldnt consent to that the he applys for a draw just like evryone else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement